SM to L lens adapters

wdavidprice

<p>Re: my posting of Nov 20, 2009; 09:58 a.m. question: Does anyone have any experience with the adapters being offered on ebay from luxurylife114270?<br>

I bought a set of these adapters (for 3.99 each plus 5.00 shipping for the set) and have mounted the 35-135 and the 50-75. They mount on the lenses just fine and mount on my M2 with no problems. When I look at them closely alongside my Marumi I can't see any fit or finish differences. <br>

I haven't had a chance to take any pictures with them yet but I'm not aware of any potential problems. Does anyone know of any problems I should look for?</p>

<p>I don't like "throwing any cold water" on another's pleasure, but what John says may well be a problem. There may also be the question of longer term mechanical wear on the M2 bayonet mount, if the machining isn't up to spec. On the other hand they may be real bargains.</p>

<p>I bought two Chinese batteries for my digital camera for about 3 or 4 dollars each, compared to the manufacturer's Chinese made batteries at $110 to $125 per battery. The camera manufacturer warned against using cheaper batteries in the camera, but they worked OK for about a year, and then went suddenly dead. Happily no leakage problems, but a very short life (my original battery, now three years old, is still working fine and taking repeated charging without any problem).</p>

<p>Sometime we get what we pay for.</p>

<p>Thanks Guys...luckily I have a mike left over from my electric train building days back in the fifties. I miked them in several places around their perimeters and they seem to be spot on. And I looked at the machining cuts with a magnifying glass side by side with my Marumi. So far so good! <br>

With Christmas coming on I'll be working the M2 overtime. <br>

I looked at some prices on M lenses over the weekend and I'm sure glad I have a good supply of screw mounts. </p>