Fuji g617 shutter problem

nikoruser

<p>I was shooting long exposure with my g617 last night using a cable release on the shutter, and after the exposure was release and i try to wind to the next film it was not advencing, after playing with the camera for a bit I came to the conclusion that in order for me to be able to advence to the next frame i had to fire the shutter twice, once with the cable release and once at the top, in order for it to release the film and be able to advence it. After playing with it some more i notice that if i fire the top shutter button oon the top and simultanisly use the cable release to keep it open, then it would let me advence it to the next frame after to exposure was over. It seem like the mechanism that releases the film and alows it to advence to next film after the exposure is over only works with the top or front (on the camera) shutter button and is not working with the shutter on the lens. But it should right?<br>

Any comments would be greatly appriciated.<br>

RICHARD</p>

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
<p>Hey, I have a similar problem on my g617. I am able to fire the shutter with the cable release, but am unable to wind the film on. Even if I try and click the front or top shutter button on the camera it still doesn't advance. I am lost of what to do, I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, from James.</p>