Rollei SL66 meter

wildflower art

<p>Hello,<br>

I need a meter for my SL66. While I hunt for a "meter hood" for my SL66 non-E, I need a regular light meter.<br>

Does anyone have a good medium format meter? Like is the Minolta IV good for medium?<br>

Does anyone know where to find an SL66 meter hood?<br>

I think the SL66 is fantastic, and I would love to see more from Rollei. Next time I get rich I'm going to try the 6008 system.<br>

Thanks<br>

Matt</p>

<p>Gossen Digisix is a good light meter for small money. The metering hood is quite old and one does never know wheather it will work properly. It is also more useful for macro work, for general work an external light meter works better.<br />Enjoy the camera!<br />Regards, Benjamin </p>

<p>I have one of the SL66 meter viewfinders and it has become unreliable. Later, I bought an SL66SE which has an excellent built-in meter, but I don't use the meter a lot because I usually have the camera on a tripod, where I find a hand held spot meter to be much easier to point around compared to moving the camera to get its meter to point at a particular part of the scene. For hand-held use, the inbuilt meter is excellent. This is a much later design than the old meter viewfinder.</p>

<p>The old meter viewfinder is probably generally unreliable. I think that in the days in which it was built the mechanical expertise of Rollei was not matched by their relative inexperience with electronics. I also have a Rollei35S with an unrepairable meter.</p>

<p>So wonderful to speak to some SL66ers.<br>

I did not know the hood meter was inaccurate.<br>

I will save up for the Kiev meter.<br>

But my other question may be more basic, which meter for medium format? As in a specific brand? Gossen Digisix may be were I start.<br>

I have only shot four rolls, and already my camera needs service (for the second time, smaller problem with the film holder, getting the kinks out of a used system). But those results are worth it. <br>

I have been using a film camera (a Nikon F5) for its meter with this camera! But we've all been there (the very begining). So I'm looking to step up.<br>

I wish NASA had sent the astronauts with SL66s. If they took pictures with the frame tilted maybe people would stop saying the moon landing was fake. I think Hasselblad doesn't have that much over the Rollei system... The world would be totally different... <br>

Thanks<br>

Matt</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Nice to read someone is using the SL66!!!<br>

I love my SL66's even if I reckon that they aren't very practical, too big and heavy to go around with them.<br>

As John said, I always use them with a tripod so the hood meter isn't a "must" accessory for me. With it I use an old Gossen Luna Six or a Nissin D2001i (for flash) that I bought very cheap. Both do the job perfectly.</p>

<p>Well, I didn't use my SL66's with flash very often. Since it's synchro speed is a little low (1/30s) I don't feel very comfortable with it. When I decide to make, for example, portraits in MF or something like that I prefer my old Rollei TLR.<br>

But when I used it, yes I used it with a sync cord connected to the "X" outlet for Electronic flash.</p>

<p> </p>