Are we allowed to post images taken with FD lenses a DSLR body?

canonfduser

<p>I'm about to go digital with a Panasonic G-1 and m4/3 FD adapter from JinFinance and wanted to make sure it was okay to post pictures taken with my FD/FDn lenses. I haven't received the adapter yet but expect it by the end of the week or early next week and thought I should check with the forum before doing so. Isn't it about the image taken with the FD lens that matters? I'll still use my FD bodies and lenses for film, especially the wide lenses since all my lenses get cropped 2x with the G-1.</p>

<p>I was decided that since so many people were questioning the seperation of Canon FD from the digital world that it would be easier to allow discussions about the use of FD optic's on Digital bodies.<br>

Personally I still think the discussion should follow the camera and be on the Olympus 4/3 forum. But I'm willing to change with the desires of the people on the FD forum.<br>

Mark Wahlster<br>

Canon FD coModerator</p>

<p>Mark, thank you. You made a wonderful decision that helps us all! FD optics are the best I've ever owned and I just want to continue to use them no matter the format. I hope to soon be posting pictures taken with my new G-1 and the FD adapter I'm getting for Christmas here and elsewhere.</p>

<p>Hey Andy, Just thought you should know, the difference between what your talking about doing and what Mark Stephan will do is large. The only way to use FD lenses on a EF mount is to use an adapter with optics in it . The correction diopter will not only degrade the image quality of the FD lens but also ad a slight multiplying factor to the f stop and magnify the image slightly. Now Andy will use the 4/3 sensor which is a 2x image crop factor from the 35mm film frame but yours with your Diopter adapter and 1.6x DX sensor will be about the same . The difference being that his images will retain the original optical quality of the FD lenses and f stop value. This is why i hate any adapter using glass. That is why i want to go to 4/3s myself, because you can adapt almost any lens to it without corrective lenses.</p>

<p>Dan,</p>

<p>"The only way to use FD lenses on a EF mount is to use an adapter with optics in it "</p>

<p>Was once correct but no longer, take a look at www.cameraserviceone.com this gentleman converts FD lenses to a permanent EF mount, lens fits straight onto EOS body ( no adapter needed ) and focuses to infinity too. Take a look at the sample images, the quality is simply wonderful, I have contacted him with regard to converting 3 "L" primes and he has quoted me a price of 120 Euros per lens plus postage and PayPal fees. Considering the work involved and the value of most "L" lenses I believe this is very good value for money.<br>

Anyway take a look, the conversion is impressive and the results speak for themselves.</p>

<p>kind regards Simon</p>