How to prepare image for mouting on round surface

<p>Can anyone tell me where to find info on how to prepare an image for mounting on a round shape? I am printing photos on Inkjet waterslide paper, which when soaked in water can be slid off and mounted on glass or other surfaces. Problem is I can't seem to figure how to shape the image in CS4 correctly so it will mount on a round Christmas globe without wrinkling up. Of course my rectangle shaped images do not fit properly . I am using Adobe CS4 on Windows Vista 64bit. Using a Epson Photo 2200 printer. Could anyone help ? thankyou Christy</p>

<p>Hey Ted, thanks for the link. I think that I need to clarify. I don't need to cover the entire globe. I have sized down photos into about 2in.x1.5in sizes. They are rectangle. They are much much smaller than the globe. But even still,, when I try to put them on,, they bend all up. I am wondering if I need to create some geometrical shape in Photoshop in order for them to bend the right way. I can send a photo of what I am trying to do if that helps! Give me a few minutes,, and I will post one. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond!<br>

Christy</p>

<p>Unless the material is stretchy, there's nothing you can do to wrap a plane sheet onto a surfaced curved in two directions, like a section of a sphere. (Obviously you can wrap a flat sheet around cylindrical surface.)<br>

You can snip darts out of it, but there will always be some wrinkling. </p>