400mm options

simon_bygdell

<p>Simon I think you'll really enjoy the KX and Pentax as a system. I started with a k100d a few years back then liked it well enough I sold two Canon digital bodies and five lenses. Size, features per price point and built in stabilization were my key reasons. For me it was a good move. I was a party Sunday night with my k20 and a couple of limited's and a good friend had his 5Dmk1 with 24-70L I forgot how big that camera and lens is in comparison to the Pentax gear. The Canon is an amazing tool, but not one I'd carry unless I were shooting a job or it was a photo specific trip. I think KX will make a nice compliment to your Canon. Please come back and tell us what you think of it once you've broken it in. </p>

<p>@Roger, Yes, my 5Dmk2 with a grip feels amazingly balanced and firm and everyone loves the pictures that come out of it but hiking, biking or just walking on city streets, it feels too heavy to dangle about. I hope that after Christmas, maybe in another 3-4 months, the K-x will drop by another $100 or so and then I can buy it without upsetting the wife too much! :) I will need to come up with a really innovative idea to justify this second body after having spent thousands on Canon gear.</p>

<p>For your information, the Sigma 100-300 F/4 weighs about 1400 grams, the Pentax DA*300 is 400 grams lighter. Enter a teleconverter and you could have a solution.<br>

I think that tele's at the long end won't go any lighter than that, there is just a lot of glass in them.</p>