POW 12/06/09

jpo3136b

<p>Great job this week everyone! Even though we've seen a drop in posts recently it's good to see that image quality hasn't gone away as well. I know I should do my part and post more, but I've been a sponge on you guys for nearly 6 months.... trying to learn so I can get my quality up to this level! Keep inspiring people!<br>

John O-O, I like the snowy rose!<br>

John D, that's took bad that it didn't link right, that photo is excellent.<br>

Robert C, I like first snow. I've been trying to accomplish a photo just like that to no avail.<br>

Roger R, that portrait is exactly what I'm chasing after right now. I like the Paintery as well. :-)<br>

Andrew H, excellent shot of the snowy tree landscape.</p>

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Hi again guys,</p>

<p>I am at work again tonight, but hopefully it won't intrude on my hobby like it did last night. It's really inconvenient to have to work, but sometimes there are benefits, too! A good fast internet connection is one of the bennies.</p>

<p>I will try again with a couple shots from Nevada's Valley of Fire State Park. I wasn't impressed going through, even taking pictures, but many came out much better than expected. I have several in my portfolio here on Pnet. Take a look if you like.</p>

<p>All photos taken with K20D, Tokina AT-X 24-200, skylight filter.</p><div>00VBzC-198513884.jpg.7a07e83f3a25858299f0c1699b2872c2.jpg</div>

<p>The next one I called a Jack-o-Lantern, though it could be a goalie mask.</p>

<p>I also wanted to call attention to Andrew's photos taken in the sagebrush desert of SE Oregon. This is an extremely difficult place to get a dramatic photo, so congratulations are due.</p><div>00VBzQ-198515584.jpg.8f20a030ba097c174256b2b9a6b8a41b.jpg</div>

<p>What a classroom everybody creates. School was never this good. John the ice on the rose is something I'll never see. Michael E - love the second shot with the light and the fog and the team gathered. Ben, Robert C and Hin and Javier - I really enjoy seeing your work. Scott - that is something of a bizarre and amazing effect. Andrew H - yours is definitely my favourite. <br>

I have two to contribute. <br>

The first is from my girls enjoying one of their favourite activities. The second is from a Carol's by Candlelight the other night. It was a good night for testing out the camera's high iso - I think I was the only one not using a flash - some were a bit blurry - but I'm still impressed it did what it did hand held. </p>

<div>00VC4n-198567684.jpg.1c7df7a3cc7d2dc18f5851afe540a7c1.jpg</div>

<p>No casual shooting from me this week. Will post another thread about a job I'm doing. In the meantime, here are my favorites from the many good shots here:</p>

<ul>

<li>Michael Elenko - Man in Teal. Just dreamy!!</li>

<li>Robert Colameco - First Snow. Ethereal.</li>

<li>Andrew Hanna - Who Needs Infrared. Now that is surreal!!</li>

</ul>

<p>Great stuff everyone else too.</p>

<p>Thanks for all of the positive comments.<br /> <br /> I knew that juniper tree was something special as soon as I saw it. Usually if I am driving and see something photographically interesting I think about it long enough so that I have to turn around and go back. I didn't have to do that this time.<br /> <br /> Here is a link to the location of the Intruder wreck on Google maps: http://tinyurl.com/yzcnaek<br /> <br /> The stripe that runs from 2 o'clock to 7 o'clock in the center of the image is the track the wreckage took. It is amazing to me that 36 years later there are still areas that are bare in the path. Not sure if it is jet fuel or something else.<br /> <br /> The only information that I have been able to find on the wrecks is here: http://blm.gov/or/districts/lakeview/files/LV-07-01.pdf<br /> <br /> I knew Whidby looked wrong....it should be Whidbey.<br /> <br /> Lots of great shots this week again.<br /> <br /> Michael Elenko: Great work, I really like the first.<br /> <br /> Robert Colameco: First snow is very nice.<br /> <br /> Hin Man: Lunch is a fun shot.<br /> <br /> Javier Gutierrez: I like your style more and more. The artist is the one I enjoyed most this week.</p>

<p>Wow, what a crop 'o shots! Andrew's Juniper is outstanding and I also like Ryan's first light a lot. <br>

I remember the Fremont Bridge from my one visit to Portland, John--that's a nice rendering. </p>

<p>I can also relate to your mission, Tony. I had the same experience here--the house and shed in <a href="../photo/9254922">this</a> scene are now gone, bulldozed last week.</p>

<p>Frank's car details are great, love the colors. Dave, your bball shots last year were pretty darn good, but this one definitely takes it up a notch - almost no blur, minimal noise - love it! And Andrew, I will echo the praise for your winter landscape. Lovely colors and classic framing.</p>

<p>A good start of the POW this week John.. I just got back from San Diego, and still trying to catch up on my sleep..<br />Numero 1<br />This is a 12 year old dog that lost it's leg in a car accident as a puppy. She's a total sweetie.</p><div>00VCV0-198797584.thumb.jpg.9a812a8bb1f5f0a633b895576892497d.jpg</div>