photoshop how to question

<p>It looks as if the photographer used the lens to achieve the effect rather than Photoshop. If I was to guess I would say he rotated the lens as he pressed the shutter. I've experimented with this some and like the effect. I'm no Photoshop expert but I am unaware of an option to achieve the same effect in the program. DMc</p>

<p>Unless the OP can return and post a link to the picture, there's not much point in leaving this post up at all.</p>

<p>How could people discuss something they don't know anything about?<br>

[person approaches and whispers in my ear]</p>

<p>Oh, you mean that's often how it is here?</p>

<p>:P</p>

<p>I don't think that's zoom blur....at least not any that I've ever done looked like that.... typical zoom blur has a stable view of the subject in the center and lines / size differences equally around the center subject. I don't see that in this image.</p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>Yes, as Norman has said, this is precisely the effect you see if you use a slow shutter speed (or set the camera for "slow flash sync" in auto) allowing it to expose just for the ambient, and then also add flash set for "rear curtain synch". Judging from her hair, the model was clearly moving her head back rapidly as the ambient exposure was made.<br /> One studio technique is to take to some trial shots to get just the right shutter speed and ambient/flash balance, then go to continuous mode for shutter release, and ask the model to just keep moving as you take many shots. It can result in some very dynamic and dramatic photographs, with no photoshopping necessary.<br /> It would actually be difficult to realistically emulate this in Photoshop, but very easy to do at the time of exposure.</p>

<p>Rick has the technique I think. At the least it's motion blur and not zoom.</p>

<p>Sam- you can only edit the post for about 10 minutes, after that it's frozen for all time or until P.net comes to an end, whichever is sooner.</p>

<p>It's not a problem, it's a feature. Sort of like accounting software is not supposed to allow retrospective meddling and why so many people have two sets of books. :)</p>