Epson 7600 - networking problem

<p>We have an Epson 7600 with Ultra-Chrome inks that since new has been connected to one computer through a USB cable. To make it more widly accessible I've recently moved it to our LAN. I tried setting up a print server on one of our servers that also functions a a print server for other printers, but couldn't get it to work properly. After deleting that installation I've now installed it on various desktops including a Win XP Pro (32 bit), a Vista Ultimate (32 bit), and a Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit). All of the drivers are correct according to Epson's website.<br>

I can't get it to work correctly from any one of these. The printer is communicating with the network over a fixed IP address. I can get to the printer from all machines using the Epson Net Config software. In some cases printing a test page from the printer properties window results in almost a full page printing, then the printer goes into error status and further test pages just stick in the print que.<br>

Epson's online help is of no real help so I'm wondering if anyone here has had a similar problem and resolved it? Thanks for giving it a read!</p>

• 1 year later...
<p>The solution that, sort of, works for the Windows 7 (64) environment, is to download and install the Windows 7(64) drivers for the Epson 7800. This has worked for me. The "sort of" is because the Status Monitor does NOT work, so you don't have reporting of things like ink levels.</p>