Budget lighting for high key

di_darby

<p>Hi guys, I have read with interest many of your posts and replies about key lighting. I am trying to create a home studio and need some lights that are effective and wait for it, errr cheap. I mean inexpensive. In particulary I want to do soem high key shots. At the moment I have only got one flashhead ,a portaflash 336vm. I do have an sb900 too. What lights would you reccommend for someone on a meagre budget? I do intend to upgrade when i get some pennies but really need to get going with it now and need a basic setup.</p>

<p>Thankyou in advance</p>

<p>Di</p>

<p>Hi -</p>

<p>I recently set me home studio up, and travel with it as well. I use for a key light a SUNPAK AUTO 383 and a brolly box. You can also look up "DIY PHOTOGRAPHY" on youtube - lost of ideas there. My brolly only cost me 23.00. Also, the attchament to the light stand; So : LIGHTSTAND 16-28 Brolly 25-100 Attachment for stand: 19.00 (swivel head so I can lay it flay into the brolly...</p>

<p>Good luck :)</p>

<p>ps - also look into beauty dishes for portraits...</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>For low budget high key head and shoulder, get a brolly box Mia mentions, ie umbrella with white translucent cover to bounce through. Minimum,say 42 inches. Place subject in front and use it as the background a foot or so back. Reflector front. Get right exposure for bg, bounce back facial light with reflector. </p>

• 2 months later...