Should I delete the Recovery portion of my Laptop's drive?

<p>You're better off without it, or any "factory" software solutions. You're best off if you have the OEM Operating System installation disc.</p>

<p>What I do, in addition having the OEM disc, is to create a recovery file of my own on an external hard drive. External GB are alot cheaper than internal for a laptop. My system recovery takes up a paltry 13 GB on my external 500 GB drive. Peanuts. The utility I use is <a href="http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-professional/">Paragon Drive Backup Professional</a>.</p>

<p>Get an external driver (or two) and make sure you have backups of anything important.<br /> <br /> If I ever have an error serious enough that I would need to use the recovery software supplied by my OS I would personally format and reinstall anyways.<br /> <br /> Also, just deleting the folder won't really get rid of it. You need to tell your OS to stop making refreshing that recovery folder or it will just reappear.</p>

<p>If you have created the restore disks I see no reason to keep the partition if you really need the space. With an 80gb drive it would be worth your while.<br>

If you keep regular backups and are running Windows XP turn of system restore to save yourself even more drive space.</p>