First lighting kit ever...compatibility concerns?

stefographer

<p>Hello all...my first post in THIS forum....<br>

wanting to get my first lighting kit- even tho i really have yet to learn how to use strobe or anything in any hands-on way...<br /> But i will be taking classes- and would like to have a simple, small beginners kit to have for myself... To use and practice whenever the oppourtunity comes up as i learn....<br>

I am currently shooting with the Canon XSi - with the kit 18-55 (ugh) and the nifty fifty 50mm/f1.8 - hope to have the 100mm EF/f2.0 soon as well....<br /> In any case i vaguely understand that some bodys use TTL or something... but not all strobe wireless triggers can be used with all flash systems....<br>

Here is one kit i am considering.... but is it's slave trigger/transmitter compatible with my XSi...?<br /> Can anyone tell for such... or am i mixing something else up for the kind of compatibility between cameras and lighting slave systems...?</p>

<p>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=WishList.jsp&A=details&Q=&sku=429680&is=REG#features</p>

<p>What are you trying to light up? The lights you linked will not do TTL, but that's really not a big deal depending on what you are trying to photo. (you didn't say.) The cheap RF-602 triggers work very well out to 100 ft. If you need more range than that I recommend the CyberSyncs. <br>

Kent in SD</p>

<p>D'oh-!</p>

<p>left out that i want mainly lighting for portraiture, nudes, headshots, fashion....<br>

I AM just starting out, so even a comparatively 'weak' set will do me nothing but good, im thinking....<br>

until i really learn my way around studio/flash lighting.....</p>