Photoshop Action Play Button Not Working

<p>The Photoshop Actions Play Button has suddenly become inactive, i.e. regardless of which Action I now select the Play Button remains unclickable/unselectable. A circle with bar appears when I hover over the Play Button.<br /> <br /> <br /> This happened at some point while I was editing an Image in CS3 (Windows XP SP2). I had just run one (of many Actions) I have successfully. After performing some others editing I came back to run the Action. Neither it or any of my Actions could be invoked.<br>

I have tried several different images, I am sure I have highlighted the background layer when I try any of the Actions. I have restarted Photoshop, and I have rebooted my computer. I have done several web searches and seen a few other posts about this problem but no solutions were suggested. So far have been unable to find a solution.<br /> <br /> <br /> Thanks in advance,<br /> <br /> Ken</p>

<p>Jim,<br>

Yes the Play Button is grayed out for all my actions.<br>

I was able to make a new action. The Record button works and I created a new action. I can successfully run this new action as the Play Button is not grayed out and can be clicked to start the new action. All other actions not working.<br>

Ken</p>