Tips on Larger Human Subjects

gia_hillenbrand

<p>Hello-</p>

<p>I had a photoshoot this weekend in my studio. The subject was a larger woman and wanted some normal, and some glam shots. I did both, but I felt limited to just about 4-5 poses. Some of my family members are also larger than I am. I would like to learn how to pose larger people (men and women) more effectively. There are allot of beautiful people out there, of all sizes. I would like to learn to enhance that in the photos.<br>

What I did; (short text)</p>

<ul>

<li>45 degree sitting to camera, 45 deg standing, weight on back leg, tight facials, bust shots, a few full body with a free flowing dress that came out nicely---</li>

</ul>

<p>She wanted some on the ground, and she laid down, spread her hair out, and they didnt come out like I had hoped for. She has lost a big amount of weight recently, so her body is exactly proportianant. I couldnt get her to look pleasantly wihtout looking rolled out ---hard to explain...</p>

<p>Anyone have any samples, or can direct me to some in case I come across this again?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Hello Gia,<br>

An exercise..using a larger person to model. Set up a tripod..then place the focal point ...the center of your lens..on different parts of the body. Leave plenty of space around the subject so you can crop for composition later.<br>

Make some prints to examine. The center of each print will show you where you set the center of the lens.<br>

From that you will see how great a difference there is, how you can capture one view...one made by filling the frame through the lens..and another view ...using the lens to a sometimes better effect...and cropping.<br>

This is not to say a full frame composition won't work ..but having another tool ..a focal point working in your favour ..can be a great help.</p>

<p> </p><div>00V780-195069584.jpg.94444204ff2efab4c9a23f0003de8995.jpg</div>