Looking for a Red Bellows camera that uses 120 film

michele_pesta

Bunch of comedians here !!! LOL

Here is the whole story about why I want a red bellows camera. I found a Graflex Century Graphic on Ebay. What a beauty !! I fell in love with it, but it is way out of my price range. So I figured maybe there are other pretty camera's with red bellows.

Wise guys !!! LOL

Michele

A Century Graphic (made by Graflex) has red bellows most of the time (there were versions that didn't or they were replaced with black bellows). This is a 2 1/4 X 3 1/4 press camera that is usually reasonable in cost. It hasn't been manufactured since 1973 but it is a workhorse. 120 Roll film backs are available in 6x6, 6x7 and 6x9, along with 220 and 70mm sizes. Just make sure you get a back that advances the film with a level rather and a knob (the knob versions are pre mid 1960's and don't hold the film as flat -- film was thicker 40+ years ago). Look at www.graflex.org and Ebay. Do your homework and wait for a camera in exc. condition or better.

Michele, I have a Agfa Isolette 2, 1954 with a brand new red Bellows. It is totally overhauled CLA, with a Agfa Solinar 75mm f 3.5 Lens. The Lens is Clear and unmarked. The Camera is working just like new. It has a range finder but you must set the lens to the indicated distance manually. It is for Sale. Please E-Mail me if you are interested. Regards Peter

Michele, I have to agree, the red bellows does has sex appeal! But, you know, they're best suited for enhancing red objects with b&w infrared film. (Just kidding...)

Now, if you were to bend a bit and decide that making beautiful photos is more important than having a beautiful red-throated camera, I just may have what you need!

My grey-bodied 2x3 Century Graphic has a "professional black" bellows, a side-mounted rangefinder, top-mounted optical finder,

spring-loaded ground-glass back for use with 2x3 film holders (none included), two rollfilm backs (a 120 and a 220), another 120 insert that can be preloaded and used with either film back. The 100mm f/5.6 Symmar has clean glass and its shutter works flawlessly, right down to 1 second.

It also has a Graflex left-side grip with a cable release, a swiveling ball-type flash shoe and a pair of spirit levels mounted top-side. Cosmetic condition is an honest 8.5. All that comes in a foam-padded case, ready to travel.

I have everything you want (except that doggoned sexy red bellows). You also get a 30-day return privilege. The first offer of $300 plus shipping (U.S. only) takes the entire kit.

Michelle and everybody else.......................Stay away from Manfred Schmidt!!!!!! I ordered a supposed 'mint' Mamiya TLR hood from him for $60.00, the hood I got had a third of it cracked off!!!! A piece of metal not native to the original hood had been sloppily attached in a botched effort to fix it, creating a gap you can stick your finger through!!!

The day I got the hood I shipped it back to this guy along with an e-mail that this hood was an insult. This guys 'con' is to insist that you didn't send him the same hood that he sent you!!!!!!!

My $60.00 is gone, but I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else.

Michele,

What shade of red are your toenails? Kodak and other 'red' bellows cameras vary a lot from almost pink down to nearly black. I would hate to think of you laying out a lot of money only to find you will have to change your nail polish too.

The Vest Pocket Kodak No 1 (not 1A) is the original 120 roll film camera and many models from 1897 to about 1910 have red bellows. Red bellows went out when film which was more sensitive to red light came along. So if you shoot color you will get a nice pink cast on your pictures from both the bellows and the red window.

Buyer beware.

I purchased an little folder for $300 from someone who is known to work on them, restore them and CLA them.

I asked for a $300 working camera and I've had to send it back a number of times. When I got it, focus was off and there were light leaks. I sent it back, it came back FARTHER out of focus, and a light leak. I paid to have the focus adjusted correctly and the little camera started taking very nice pictures, but I had to send it back for the light leak.

A $300 camera has cost me $36 in shipping, $60 for a columnation, 8 test rolls of film, including developement, or nearly $500.

Get an agreement between you and the seller that you aren't going to pay shipping for returns and that the little thing is guanteed to work or else they'll cover your test films, if at all possible.

Good luck! The pictures that I've taken that weren't terribly light stained or out of focus are very nice.