Need pro's advice on these

<p>They're all good cameras but probably not optimal for 'shooting snowsports on the go--' because all but the M9 are Point and Shoot cameras with significant shutter lag. The M9 is $7k for the body and then you need expensive lenses limited by a maximum focal length of 135mm. Probably better for you to look at one of the entry level DSLRs; Nikon D3000 or D5000, Canon T1i or equivalent Sony or Pentax models with lens or lenses in focal length or zoom range that will accomplish your goal. Read more and go in to a store to try them. Good luck!</p>

<p>None of the cameras you list are small. I would suggest looking at the Canon S90 if you want a compact.<br>

Tha panasonic G1 or GH1 may also be worth looking at although they are a little larger than a compact.<br>

I own the LX3 but if I was persuing snow sports I would not take it.</p>

<p>Well... the difficulty here is that your comparison's list is pole to pole my friend.<br>

That aside, go for the G11. Brilliant point and shoot, descent resolution, digital zooming and great auto setting facilities as well as auto focus.<br>

So if you wanna go about doing your own thing and be ready any time to snap out a great photo at any moment, then that is your best option.<br>

If you in the other hand don't mind stopping, thinking, adjusting then doing, then hey your not using the best option with the M9 ether mate... no Im kidding I just had to tease the obvious. Get a wide angle and a 50 or more, don't worry about the aperture, (one would be using f3.5 plus most of the time), snow is bright, and with Leica's manual focusing one would need all help available in focusing, for that smaller ap. are best.<br>

Here is a thing... having both Lumix and M9 on the equation suggest both budget and size or one of the two...<br>

Well. Why not consider another set up. All other digital slrs offer compact models(in its kind) that are quick shooting and much more.<br>

So my sincere opinion would suggest to review(yet again)your list based upon the compromises anyone(each to its own) would have submit to for shooting. And don't forget to consider the expectations you may have for the desire results.<br>

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on.</p>