Caribbean photo hot spots

roy ewel

<p > I am going on a cruise to the Caribbean Islands at the end of this month. We will visit Antigua, Tortola, St Thomas, San Juan & Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos. If anyone has some suggestions on where some hot spots to shoot, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks</p>

<p>Most likely when you stop in Tortola your cruise line will offer an optional tour to Virgin Gorda to the area called The Baths. (see photos on my website...look in the Virgin Gorda photo album) There are huge car and house size boulders strewn everywhere at the edge of the beach, caves filled with knee high water you can walk through, and a beautiful beach. Get there early and, if you are going with a group, avoid the intro talk when you first arrive and sneak away to be the first one on the beach to get photos with no one there! You'll want to be sure to bring a polarizer filter to make the most of the water and sky colors.<br>

Each time I go to San Juan I like to walk from the cruise port to the old forts of San Cristobal and El Morrow. If you only have time for one, choose San Cristobal (photos on my website).<br>

In Antingua, the zip lining is fun but they won't allow you to take cameras.<br>

St. Thomas, Koki's beach (for snorkeling and photos), Megan's Bay Beach, and Drakes Seat (GREAT for a great overlook of the island from way up high).<br>

Julie Roggow</p>