yashica t5 problem - electronics or ?

chuck_r.

<p>hi all,</p>

<p>i was just using my yashica t5 (weatherproof, superscope, silver one) on a night out for party pictures, and it was working fine the whole day and it's never given me problems before, but after my fourth of fifth shot of the night, it kinda messed up.</p>

<p>here's what happens: whenever i press the shutter button, the lens extends to focus, i see and hear the shutter blades opening and closing quite fast, but the lens stays extended and doesn't return back to the original non-focused position. it just sticks there. when i press the shutter button again, it goes back into place. the flash doesn't fire, even on the forced flash mode. the problem (lens focus, shutter opens quickly, stays stuck until i press the button again) occurs on every mode (auto, no-flash, forced flash, infinity), on redeye mode, only the preflash goes off but the lens still stays stuck.</p>

<p>is anybody familiar with this issue? is it repairable/worth repairing? has my yashica died? it really sucks because i loved that camera, and it seems like everything is working except for this one thing. i feel like i can open it and poke just one thing back into place and it'll work properly again.</p>

<p>if anybody knows, help please! :(</p>

• 6 years later...