Canon 50D RAW conversion & Processing - Mac Snow Leopard

<p>I've been using the Canon digital RAW conversion and processing software on a MacBook with the latest operating system version 10.5 - no problems at all.<br>

But, I am ordering a quad-core iMac, which comes with Snow Leopard. Does anyone know if there are software incompatibility issues between the current Canon RAW conversion software and Snow Leopard?<br>

I am not worried about the Canon photo utilities software since I do not use it - just the RAW conversion and processing software.<br>

Many thanks for your time and help.<br>

Cheers.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I installed Snow Leopard on my 18m old MacBook Pro.<br>

Yesterday I downloaded the latest version of Canon's DPP software. When I clicked on preferences the program crashed. I found on Apple's SL forum other people have been having the same problem. However on the same forum I did find a solution and now the program appears to run fine.<br>

I also use Apple's Aperture 2, which is running much slower (painfully slow at times) under SL.<br>

No problems with Photoshop Elements.<br>

I did have to get the latest print drivers for my Brother and Canon Printer/Scanners.<br>

Overall I've not noticed benefits in upgrading to Snow Leopard.</p>

<p>Many thanks for your help guys!<br>

Alec, you referred to a crash problem, what was the fix you found? If I run into the same crash it will help. Thanks.<br>

By the way, I think SL's real benefits will be in the quad core hardware when new application versions hit the streets. I expect other drivers like my printer may have issues too, so hope updates are released quickly.<br>

Thanks again.</p>