where is that traveling Spotmatic?

jgredline

<p>Ok, so I have to hang my head in shame. <br>

The Spotty is here in my kitchen, Matt has used his 2 shots, and I STILL have no clue what to do for mine. I am super sorry - it may be in my kitchen, but I'm not the cook, so it's been out of sight, out of mind. WHOOPS!<br>

I've been needing to ask - where is it supposed to go next?</p>

<p>well... if it's in the kitchen... you could mix food with children ... perhaps one with the girls feeding lil bro.<br>

or there's folliage ...<br>

or you could wait a little to get matt in his first round of snow shovelling. last year's image that you posted of his suffering thru that... well us new enganders got a chuckle... he sure did look miserable.<br>

or maybe a pic of the turkey to commemorate Thanksgiving...</p>

<p>Maria ... there you go... the schneider should be heading your way... (antoni wrote of it in the thread below this one)... 2 ships crossing n the night... maybe you can take off the adapter for one of those pictures and use it on an old fashion pentax as it was origininally designed.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Can I get on the list after Frank? I have a Spotmatic f that I bought new in 1970, I think. Still works great. At the last CLA, the prop. of the shop said he could keep it going forever except for the shutter curtain. Apparently it is not possible to repair if torn and replacement fabric is not to be had. Anyone have experience with torn curtains?<br>

I live in Colorado, U.S.A. What parts of the world are you all from?<br>

Barry</p>

<p>Rose obviously doesn't read very closely, or she'd notice that "...since I don't cook..." up there ;-)</p>

<p>Amazingly enough, we made it out of the house and the Spotty was the ONLY camera that got used! Got my two shots, and I'm obviously WAY too used to having an automatic camera. I Had to remember to focus (D'OH). I couldn't remember where the meter switch was (and this is the same as the camera in my bag up until 2 years ago!). And after the 2nd shot, I could NOT stop myself.... I looked at the back of the camera.</p>

<p>We'll just blame it on the wind making it feel barely over 30 out there. One of the days KS makes you wonder why you live here.<br>

I'd have a family photo w/ the visitor...... but we also failed to put the cards back in the K10s after clearing this weekend's photos off of em. This small oversight was discovered after Matt tried taking a couple pics of the girls to test my posing for snapping w/ the Spotty. So.... it was a somewhat successful photo excursion. WHOOPS!!!</p>

<p>Well, the Spotty won't be traveling on Friday, because I'm DETERMINED to take some family photos w/ it (and Friday is supposed to be gorgeous) So I might actually post the local Spotty story by Fri night, even!</p>

<p>So now the question is......<br>

Was there an official list? I know we're adding Barry & Frank.<br>

So - I guess post up your names & state & I'll figure out the most efficient person to send it to next. Maybe Javi can get his camera back by Christmas. 2010!!!!</p>