Hasselblad 150mm CF lens Hard focusing

danielheller

<p>With a newly acquired Hasselblad 150mm CF lens I find that rotating the focusing ring is hard. Is this normal for this type of lens or a symptom of a problem. I am comparing it to my 80mm CF, where focusing is much easier. The lens serial number indicates a 1984 year of production and I do not know if it was ever CLA'd.</p>

<p>Daniel, your last sentence is likely the probable answer. I purchased a fine 135mm Leitz Elmarit lens (1962) that was perfect in all senses and still very useable, except that it's focussing was much stiffer than my other Leica lenses or my medium format lenses. The problem was mentioned to the next owner, who had it CLA'd to improve the action. </p>

<p>It's time for a CLA of the lens. Send it to a recognized Hasselblad service facility. I use Hasselblad in NJ, but David Odess comes highly recommended to. Forget the local camera shop. They'll send it to Hasselblad and charge you double, or to a local chap three times until he gets it right. Hasselblad will get it back to you in about 5 working days.</p>

<p>Paul, the lens shows absolutely no signs of a fall. Cosmetically it is close to mint. I just compared it to my 50mm CF FLE on which, it is much easier to turn the focusing ring. That lens however was produced in 1998. So I am thinking maybe it is a CLA that is required. However I will probably return the lens. Edward, my equipment does go to David Odess for service, thanks.</p>