<p>Hello. I intend to buy the i7-920, I need a suitable motherboard, and a Graphic card, probably the Sapphire 4890 Vapor x 2Gb, or the former 4870 2Gb + RAM DDR3 - Do not care about Overclocking as I need them for Photoshop and Lightroom, Heard that vista and 64 bit is the only way to reach12Gb , do not no though if any system without OC can surpass 8Gb. Anyway which motherboard do you suggest and which grapic card?<br>

What I do now is that my set up has to be tripple channel. <br>

Will the CPU recognize the 12Gb RAM ?<br>

Is Intels motherboards more suitable than<strong> </strong> Assus P6T SE ?<br>

Is RAM at 1333MHz</p>

<p ><!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --><!-- [if gte mso 10]> <mce:style><!-- /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Κανονικός πίνακας"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} --> <!-- [endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->I am willing to spend from 1000 to 1400 € </p>

<p >I also heard that Sapphire's 5870 is supporting Directx 11.</p>

<p >Is that really necessary for Photoshop and Lightroom - running simultaneously ? </p>

<p >Is 12 Gb to much ? and is even the quad core to much? </p>

<p>These questions all depend on how much you want to future proof? How long do you wish to last for? Some people buy new $500 computers every two years, others buy $2000 computers every four years.</p>

<p>If you are not in a hurry, i'd wait until q1 of 2010 and go i9 6 core instead of i7 four core.</p>

<p>I like the overclockers forum. It's moderated well, mostly adults, and everyone is polite and helpful. It's far from most gaming forums where most flame away like kids.<br>

But it sounds like you have most of your bases covered. Except hard drives. You're building a very fast box, yet you haven't mentioned hdd's. It's within your budget to RAID O two velociraptors and this would keep up with your cpu and ram.</p>

<p>I was thinking of <br>

Western Digital -Caviar Green 1TB HDD (32MB Cache, Sata, WD10EADS)<br>

as a technician told me that drives with high rpm tend to fail easier htan those with 7200 rpm<br>

I will use a ssd drive for my windows, and use a different drive for all my other software.<br /> then I will have a drive as WORKING GROUND - and do a double back on two Western Digital -Caviar Green.</p>