Pansonic Lumix G1 Tilt Shift adaptor combos?

tariq_kay

<p>Hi<br>

Can anybody suggest a solution. I want to create a mini view camera using the cheap Ukrainian tilt / shift adaptor for Pentacon 6 Zeiss lenses, (sad goodbye to Linhof MF film camera). So far they do not make Panasonic lens mounts for these T/S adaptors. Would it be possible to use a Nikon mount T/S adaptor on top of a Nikon to Panasonic lens adaptor, in effect 2 adaptors as follows :<br>

Pansonic Lumix Body + Panasonic to Nikon Lens adaptor + Nikon fit T/S Adaptor<br>

Does anybody know if it could work? <br>

Thanks</p>

<p>Tariq, I have the combinations you list. It is just too heavy and not that useful, in my view.</p>

<p>Don't say good bye to your Linhof or medium format. </p>

<p>With the ultra mini sensor, your movements have to be ultra precise and ultra small compared to your Linhof, making it practically useless.</p>

<p>Hello</p>

<p>I hear word that one of the ebay sellers of m4/3 adaptors is in the process of producing one. I emailed the writer of <a href="http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2009/05/lens-tilt-on-panasonic-g1.html"><strong>this blog</strong> </a> about it. The ebay seller is called jinfinance is based in china and makes adaptors for 4/3 and micro4/3. The writer of that blog says he has been in email communication with jinfinance.</p>

<p>so not yet, but maybe soon?</p>

<p>Dear Vivek<br>

So nice for you to respond. Can you tell me what are the picture quality like using this combo? I only want to print A4 images for a book project so I really dont need great pixel resolution. If it was for gallery standard then I'd stick to MF. However I'm doing this project in Indonesia where film labs are so unreliable due partly to the collapse in film users. <br>

Please can you tell me what lens combination you used and could you email some images?<br>

Thanks so much.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Tariq - a TS lens is rather limited on the small sensor G1. I have tried my Canon FD 35 F2.8 TS on the body - shift works fine but tilt is rather disappointing and you may as well just use a non-tilt lens at a small aperture. The FD lens works and has the resolution but the effect of tilt is hard to detect. I would not reccomend buying the lens just for the G1 as it is quite expensive used (approx $600 - 700). The jinfinance FD / m4/3 adaptor is the one I use and I have found RJ good to deal with.</p>