any LF-photographers in the Netherlands ?

ruud_voest

<p>Hi there,<br>

I myself regularly shoot LF on film (4x5" and 8x10") . Are there any Large format (amateur) photographers based in the Netherlands? Just curious !....It would be nice to know them to share knowledge etc.<br>

Best regards, <br>

Ruud Voest<br>

Utrecht<br>

Netherlands</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I have to start. I just bought a Crown Graphic and some lens boards. I have a few lenses I can use from my Horseman VH-R. The camera has not arrived yet. I also bought some film, Velvia 50 (cheap because it dates from March and Fomapan 100, also cheap by the way). Now I have to get some film holders and I would like to get a 6x12 film holder.<br>

Tips are welcome.</p>

<p>hi Frank, Hi Ferdi <br>

thanks for your message

It is always nice to hear there are still large format photographers out here in the Netherlands !

I guess you are also still working on film?

my gear:

Sinar P2

4x5 and 8x10" back and lenses

I use Fujinon 360mm on my 8x10 outfit

2 JOBO Expert Drums for home development ( I use a roller for that)

I built my own drying cabinet to dry my sheets. I have built in an existing Durst UT 100 negative dryer..:-)

I order my films at Fotoimpex in Germany ( <a href="http://www.fotoimpex.de/">www.fotoimpex.de</a>)

For evaluation of my negatives I use an Artixscan 1800F from Microtek

I do have a Laborator 1200 stashed in my basement but unfortunately I do not have the room to organize a darkroom :(

I have bought my Sinar P2 on ebay Germany years ago. But recently I use it more and more. Especially 8 x 10 !!

I am still amazed by the quality of 8x10 sheets. Especially the tones and the "feel" of 8x10 Black & white is unlike the digital work !

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.

<br />

regards,

Ruud

</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Hi guys,<br>

I just saw this post a little late. I'm a LF photographer - not based in the Netherlands. BUT I am shooting a short film in a museum in Eindhoven in the next few days, and I desperately need a LF camera as a prop for a character playing the museum photographer. I have a Canham DLC with me, but it's the wrong type of camera for what I need as a prop (a real studio camera - Sinar F / P, Linhof Karden etc.). Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated. I need it for a day.</p>

<p>I own a Anniversary Graphic, 3.25x4.25 film. I got the negative holders, both single sided and dual sided (which look a bit big to slide in with the Graphic back...?).<br>

Bought the camera through RFF complete with the flash (the Star Wars light saber model). Ordered film at sheetfilm.be but they have gone bust it seems, website is offline.<br>

I now plan to order from lumiere-shop.de since they stock the 3.25x4.25 size I need.<br>

I chose the Anni Graphic because of the view camera and the focal plane shutter, I plan to use non-standard lenses (projector lenses without apertures mainly) for shooting portraits. There was a Kodak Ektar 127mm on it, it now has a Zettar 150/3.0 on a custom made lens board.<br>

Am I an LF photographer? Not yet I guess, but I will be.<br>

Dutch LF shooters, feel free to contact me through email, I have a lot of questions on LF and am an experienced 35mm film photographer. We might be able to contribute to each others work. Johann#kuiper%ad*gmail%dot^com</p>