• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Great pics everybody<br>

hard to narrow it down but my favorites this week are<br>

Jonas' scenic shot of Ireland<br>

Eddy's portrait of Emma<br>

Louis' mask took me a little while to figure that one out at least until I read the caption<br>

Jeffery's reflection of Oxbow Bend<br>

James ....errr whatever it is couldn't find your POW though<br>

and of course Dieter seems to be a frequent standout like the car and the background too...</p>

<p>Hi all! A lot of excellent pics and overall high quality this week. I'm a bit late tonight as it's already Thursday here in Uppsala, Sweden, but I hope it's ok anyway. Shot late at night four days ago with a D700 and 50/1,4 wideopen and ISO 2000 on my way home from a barcrawl. It was a wet night... and it also drizzled from up above.</p><div>00Urxv-184693684.jpg.586d47891853ebdb16665fe6db121f47.jpg</div>

<p>And the other bit (I got timed out during the edit phase).</p>

<p >Nikon D300 + Nikon 70-300 mm f/4.5-5.6 G VR at 300 mm f/5.6, 1/2000 sec and ISO 720.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Most things that I shoot are with the camera handheld in manual mode and without using flash. (Cricket is the one exception where I predominately use a tripod). If I deviate from the norm I will advise accordingly.</p>

<p>

<p>

<p>Hello everybody,<br>

It's nice to see some lovely pictures today.<br>

I was birding in the village of Koondukulam, in Tamilnadu, INDIA when I saw this lady farmworker weeding out the paddy fields very early in the morning. The morning dew added a sense of chill while the sunlight struck her in a good angle. Shot this image, handheld from my car, with a 300mm F/4 AFS coupled with a TC-14EII on a D700. Had a -0.33 stop dialled in. Could've shot this scene with a more appropriate focal range though, if I was willing to get off the car. But I was gunning for some Spo-billed Pelican shots before the light got too harsh. In these parts, it happens very fast too.<br>

<br />Francesco – Great composition. Wow!<br>

Jana – Nice. A slightly wider composition would've been even better. Nice tone too.<br>

Keil – Good one.<br>

Richard Armstrong – Cute. I just love these furries.<br>

Benjamin – Is it my monitor/eyes. Can't see much detail.<br>

Mark Gordon – A tighter composition would've made this a WOW pic.<br>

David Love – Touching & poignant. :)<br>

Louis Meluso – Great. Thumbs up.<br>

Scott Murphy – Love this composition and fine detailed picture.<br>

keerthi s – Heh! Heh! Good one.<br>

James Kazan – Magnificient. Amazingly good abstract.<br>

Terry Roberts – Superb tone. :)<br>

Keep it up people.<br>

Regards<br /><strong><em>Issac</em></strong></p>

</p>

</p><div>00Us5V-184793584.jpg.e9b969a2c9350ee29de2cb48cda628bf.jpg</div>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=499258">Jose Angel</a> really, no quiero tener este muñequito en mi casa ;-)<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=380477">Luis Argüelles</a> make we want to comer there...<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5658107">Francesco Pessolano</a> excepcional!<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4768482">Alejandro Held</a> good perspective, makes me dizzy when looking at it<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=319608">Darrell Styner</a> won't go in there either<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5576216">Jana Hughes</a> & <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=3918094">Phil Burt</a> beautiful tones<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=410495">MS Keil</a> oh, that's me...<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5102155">Jens Frederiksen</a> & <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5578596">Brent Mattox</a> nice and calmful<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=943565">Aguinaldo de Paula</a> the photo is really amazing, but be careful with the consequences of the ticks.<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=2062415">Charles Becker</a> the whole town twinkles like a Christmas tree<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=3934868">Richard Armstrong</a> & <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=3888800">William Pahnelas</a> :-) (you know the movie "Rat Race"...?)<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4434969">Mark Gordon</a> beautiful portrait<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=3898119">Kent Shafer</a> has some logic to it, as there is no pet container :-)<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5272283">Paul V. Gorky</a> , <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=389727">Bill J Boyd</a> , <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4626319">Wayne Wrights</a> , <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=1813700">L Roth</a> , <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=35389">Eric James</a> , <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=323291">Dieter Schaefer</a> , <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4522427">Graham Thompson</a> , <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=2302842">Mikhail Tsypkin</a> & <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=968830">Jon Eckman</a> great colors<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5252616">Eddy Furlong</a> perfect portrait<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=1472982">James Kazan</a> aesthetic geometry<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5694680">Savitri Wilder</a> very nice!<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5416437">Hans Schrama</a> very original<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4092237">Igor Smirnoff</a> film-like colors!<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4641068">Greg Kowalczewski</a> hope that no bird was hurt</p>

<p>AND: <strong>Big thanks</strong> go to <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=786707">Tiffany Brook</a> and <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=2300756">Issac Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!</a><br>

And another "AND": Very good photographs everybody, please forgive me for not mentioning all people!<br>

Best - MS</p>

<p>Darko:<br>

My dog got that name about 10 years ago when I was learning Linux. Like the OS, she is compact and stable, and the name "Windows" just didn't sound right for a nice dog! I'll try to post a photo of her when I get one good enough for this site.<br>

Harvey</p>

<p>Jose- A perfect Halloween picture, complete w/ wodden coffin!<br>

Hamish- Nice HDR treatment. <br>

Luis- you captured the warmth of the room. I feel like I'm there, only without the sounds and aromas.<br>

Lil- Nice shot and a very interesting story about what the bird was doing.<br>

Aaron- Very compelling shot. Well done.<br>

Monika-Great job of stitching this panoramic.<br>

Jeannean- I just love looking at your insect work.<br>

Jonas- I love all the blues that come together in your shot. Very nice!<br>

Phil- your PS work paid off. That sign looks like something right out of a horror movie, not somwhere you just ate at w/ your family!!<br>

Aquinaldo- By far my favorite. Your hard work and trek paid off in a great shot.<br>

Benjamin- I love the simplicity of this shot. Next to Aquinaldo, my second favorite.<br>

Ertugrul- Lovely colors. Looks like a postcard!!<br>

Louis- Eerily beautiful.<br>

Scott- Well done. You really caught the texture of the flowers.<br>

Jeffery- Beautiful reflection and nice colors.<br>

Matt- that is one cute puppy shot. The expression that you captured is priceless.<br>

James and Eric - Funny that you guys posted one after the other, because I had the same reaction to both of your photos. I'm not a big fan of abstracts, but both are very beautiful shots. The colors and tones are amazing.<br>

Dieter- It may be a very photographed car, but I've never seen it and I love your shot!<br>

Steven- Love how you captured the bug giving you "the look".........go away and leave me alone. HA<br>

Jon- Welcome to WedNEsDAy.<br>

Igor- I do believe that the women on the right is about to turn you in to stone! :-)<br>

Greg- That is one funny bird shot. Don't think I've ever seen a bird laying down like that unless it was dead.<br>

Issac- For not getting out of your car, you did a pretty darn good job.<br>

Until next week.........</p>

<p><strong>[signature line deleted per photo.net community guidelines: http://www.photo.net/info/guidelines/]</strong> <br /> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Paul V. Gorky,<br>

Thank you very much. Your words meant a lot to me.<br>

MS Keil,<br>

I think this picture will have me sent to the doctor. Regards!<br>

Tiffany Brook,<br>

Indeed this and several others I think. Thank you.<br>

Matt Laur,<br>

I love the expression and sharpness of your dog.</p>

<p>Best regards for you all!!!</p>

<p>My preferred ones this week:</p>

<p>

<p>Francesco Pessolano & the perfectly distributed windows<br>

MS Keil & the place of thermodyamic equilibrium<br>

Aguinaldo de Paula & the well rendered atomic fussion processes<br>

Kemal Riza & the Eurasia boat<br>

Richard Karash & the well tunned trumpet<br>

Epp B & the autumm fence<br>

L Roth & the rusted colors<br>

James Kazan & the delicate geometry<br>

Isaac Sams & the greens</p>

<p>My overall favourite is "the rusted colors" by L Roth. The wonderful tonal range of browns suggests me images ranging from the surface of an undiscovered exoplanet to a Tapies painting.</p>

</p>

<p>Cheers!</p>