Auto rotate with Transfer NX

aaron l

<p>Has anyone figured out how to activate automatic rotate in Nikon Transfer NX? The old Nikon Transfer 6.x had this option but it seems to be missing in NX. Even though the files are shown correctly in NX, the actual vertical file is still stored horizontally. Once that little box was checked in Nikon transfer 6.x, all files were correct all the time. I'm shooting with a D300s and View 6.x keeps crashing with the D300s files, so it's time to move on to NX.<br />Thanks!</p>

<p>I've activated both the auto rotate function and the rotate display in the camera. That marks the file. However, when Transfer NX brings the files in, they are only marked and not actually rotated if you look at the files in Windows Fax Picture Viewer.</p>

<p>Windows Picture and Fax viewer does not seem to automatically rotate the tagged photos though when I view in Lightroom they are rotated properly. I have a feeling this has less to do with how you are importing your photos and more to do with the default Windows viewer.</p>

<p>What Transfer 6.x did is actually losslessly rotate the jpg so you didn't have to rely on tags in files. It's hard to believe that NX doesn't have this little checkbox hidden away somewhere. Even though most apps can read the flip tag, not everyone has that ability and it does bother customers.</p>