Looking for info on Leica If

awahlster

<p>I have a beautiful fully working and tuned up 1955 Leica If and for the life of me I can't find any recent sales to give an idea of value. The recent history on eBay all looks like over inflated buy it now prices with no sales.<br /><strong>I'm not looking to sell</strong> just to know what one of the Bodies in my collection is worth. Anyone happen to see any recent sales?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Too many variables these days to give an accurate answer. The market is very volatile at the moment. As always though, condition is everything. A few months ago people were practically giving away vintage Leica equipment. For the moment, prices are back on the rise. Black dial is usually 25% more than red dial, everything else being equal.</p>

<p>I would guess today a mint Leica If red dial could sell for $900 to $1000, a black dial for more.</p>

<p>Your question illustrates the weird and wonderful world of Leica pricing - the Leica IIIf, from which the If is derived, usually sells for most with a red dial and delayed action (RDDA), for less without the delayed action and for least with a black dial. Since however apparently only 1100 or so black dial If models were produced, their comparative rarity makes them more expensive than red dial models (there was no If with a delayedf action).</p>

<p><<"there is no 1F delayed action."<br />Yes there is, I know of at least one 1F-RD in existence with delayed action (1F-RDDA).>><br>

Interesting! I would think it was a special order, maybe a one-off - the seller in your link certainly seems to think it's rare, he's asking 3 times the normal price!</p>