Need help with Contax G2 - Battery drain

<p>Good night guys. I am having a problem with my contax G2, and I was wondering if this is a common problem. My camera consumes batteries pretty fast I think. They last for less that 10 rolls. Last Panasonic lasted for 2 rolls, and then I had the low battery warning on! (I bought those batteries from dealextreme.com)<br>

If anyone has had a similar problem please let me know, and if you got it fixed, how? I have no good place to take the camera here in Buenos Aires.<br>

If someone has a repair manual, I would like to take a look at it also.<br>

Thanks in advance.<br>

Best!</p>

<p>I have been using G2 since it came out. I never have had any battery problems. If your batteries only last two rolls of film, there is a definite problem. You may want to have your G2 checked or serviced. While Contax is no longer in business, KEH provides some of these basic services. Good luck!</p>

<p>Kind regards,</p>

<p>I had a problem like this with a Bronica RF645. It would drain the batteries even while the camera was switched off. No such problems with any of the Contax G2s i've owned, though. </p>

<p>I would suggest sending it to ToCAD for repair, if you can't find anyone locally. ToCAD is the 'official' repair service for Contax, but they're located in the United States. Maybe there is a specific South American associate? </p>

<p>ToCAD:<br>

http://www.sunpak.com/service.html<br>

I had a G2's AF fixed recently. I believe they have a fixed $173. fee for a complete inspection/repair, but contact them for specifics. Your camera may have a 'serious' circuit board problem that you might not want to trust a small repair service with, unless they can get parts. ToCAD should have whatever you need. </p>