Chinon - The Perfect Camera - Ad

JTG1

<p>The only thing the Genesis really had going for it was dual mode autofocus (passive and active), but advances in AF systems rendered it obselete. Not really very classic. But, if you like Chinons, but sure to look at some of their M42 mount SLR's. I think Chinon also sold a compact lens/shutter rangefinder that was similar to the C-35. When my family owned a camera shop we never stocked any Chinon 35mm gear, but we did carry Chinon Super-8 movie equipment. I still have a fully functional Chinon Super 8 sound projector.</p>

<p>I had one for a bit, and sold it on ebay for less than $10. It was an interesting but all-automatic camera. Definitely not for this forum, and doubt that it it will ever be a classic. On the other hand, the Chinon story plays a lot through the 1960s and 70s of SLR photography.</p>

umm...an ad from <b>1992?</b> Interesting, sure. But not classic. Even I remember 1992. I would have been in 8th grade then :) <p>

It just looks like all the plasticky cameras I remember seeing in the 80's and 90's.<p>

And if that advertisement had come out like just 2 or 3 years later, it would have had a website address on the bottom...so really, how classic could it be? I think 1994 or 1995 is around the time when everything suddenly had "www." on it.

<p>Don`t remember this one but I do have a Chinon CX. Sat here on my desk.I think that it cost me £25 back in the `70s with its 55 m lens. Always had Kodachrome in it ,either 25,64 or sometimes 200. Still have all those slides and can now scan them into my PC thirty five years later.Twenty five quid well spent I feel.</p>