Can a managed Aperture desktop library be a referenced library on a laptop?

<p>I have a vast Aperture library on my desktop computer which has a vault back up on an external drive. I'm currently in the process of updating my website and would love to be able to view and rate images (as in the star system) from the original desktop library on my laptop when I'm not near my desktop. I would also like to come home and somehow sync my star ratings that I've made on the laptop with my original desktop library. Is this possible? <br /> <br /> Is there any way to put my whole desktop library onto my laptop, maybe as a referenced library (since the library is WAY TO BIG to fit onto the laptop drive)?<br /> <br /> Thanks for any advice.<br /> <br /> -Greg</p>

<p>I don't think it will work unless you can reference photos in a vault. Why not move your masters on your desktop to the external drive? Then both computers can reference the photos. You could even get fancy and connect your hard drive to a network and access the masters via the network so neither computer has to physically plug in to the drive. </p>