Second shooter, how to get work/experience & Bella

Stock-Photos

<p>Hello,<br /> I'd be interested in doing some work as a second shooter for local weddings. I applied w/ Bella but have not heard back from them.</p>

<p>I have shot a couple of weddings. One was for a friend, the other was a for a low budget marriage!</p>

<p>I have the pro level gear needed for wedding photography and I'm confident that I'd be a great second shooter!</p>

<p>One condition I'd desire is rights to use images I shoot to promote my own business.</p>

<p>Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. I'm about 10 miles north of Boston.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance. J.</p>

<p>Good luck -- you certainly have the skill based on your portfolio, but I am a little far south for you.<br>

I'd be a little leery of Bella; they have a really nice website but they are pretty disorganized. I had to resubmit my stuff three times and they kept losing it. I started shooting with a guy down here who uses their gigs to fill in on his slow times and he did not have much good to say about them either. Who knows, the people responsible for MA might be more on the ball than the ones who handle the Maryland-Virginia area.</p>

<p>J. your moth larvae is really great. A suggestion I have is if there are any catering houses near you, try to get some names of photo studios they use and contact those studios with your information. Also if there are any bridal shows near you, go and network a bit with some of the studios.</p>