Question about Pricing

scott_adamson

<p>What do you do when a business wants images you shot for another project?<br>

This past weekend I shot a family gathering for one hour. I charged a flat rate of $150, there was a catering service catering to the event. I shot a few photos of the chef and his staff at work, he contacted me after the party organizer showed him the final shots and asked if he could have some of the images for his website.<br /><br />I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a fair rate to charge since the images will be used for the promotion of his business.<br /><br />Thanks </p>

<p>When I get approached by caterers/cake baker/barkeeper at weddings while taking photos of the set-up, I always take their card and email them the photos free of charge. They are free to use them on their website with photo credit to me. They get to showcase their work, I get to showcase mine.</p>

<p>Same as Katrin.<br>

<br /> I've always just emailed them photos free of charge and twice now (a dj and a florist) they've recommended me to a bride&groom successfully. It's nice business, in my opinion. I always ask for a photo credit if the image is going on their site/promotional materials.</p>

<p> </p>