DA 35 It's Mike Elenko's fault

les_lammers

<p>ME, the recent pics you posted made me do it. :-)</p>

<p>TriState has the DA 35 for $499.01 with free UPS ground. It arrived yesterday. I took a few quick pics and it seems to be a super lens. My M42 Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35 f2.4 is on the auction site. It's a very good lens but the DA 35 is 'gooder'. :-)</p>

<p>I also got a B + W rubber lens hood and Kenko Zeta polarizer on the auction site. More about them later.</p>

<p>Peter,<br>

Here is a link. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140350414695&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140350414695&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT</a><br>

I paid $200 for it plus shipping from Poland.<br>

It is a very good lens but the DA 35 is better. I just wish I would have bought it when it was cheaper. If you wait until you can get the DA 35 you will not be dissappointed. JMHO.<br>

I am going to sell my DA 17-70 too and will soon put it on the classifieds here and the auction site if it does not sell on Pnet. It is a good copy but I don't like the size. We all have our quirks. :-)</p>

<p>Funny you should mention this today. Yesterday a friend from the San Diego dSLR club loaned me her DA35 so I could see if it would work to digitize old 35mm slides for viewing on a monitor. I've only done a few so far, on a very makeshift set up that isn't even really square. I can already tell this isn't going to end well for my checkbook. What a great lens. When does B&H reopen?</p>

<p>I've said it once and I'll say it again, The DA35 is a great lens. When it first came out it was $599. I couldn't afford it and I got the Tamron 90mm for my macro use. I did rent the DA35 from Camera Lens Rentals and found it to be a superb Limited lens. I still don't have a Pentax Limited but this is one I get given some cash reserves.</p>