Can I have some critiques on my images

lanette_steele

<p>I would like to get some feedback on my images. I think I have enough now in my galleries to give a good overall feel of my style. I do not have any technical school training. I am learning by assisting a wedding photographer and watching instructional videos and practice. I love my work. Clients have loved their portraits. But I really need some trained eyes to point out areas I need to focus on. For reference I have a Nikon D300 with a SB600, 1 Alien Bee SB800 and large square softbox and 5-1 reflector kit. I have attempted to set up flash as slave for background light, but with frusterating results. So for now, I just use my softbox. Until money allows to add a 2nd alien bee. Thank you for all comments.</p>

<p><a href="http://goldenimagesphotography.smugmug.com/">http://goldenimagesphotography.smugmug.com/</a></p>

<p>Ok. I changed the background to just black. I had added the orange to give it some color. But I can see how it could be distracting to the images. I have noticed alot lately that smugmug has been down. I am only using it until I can learn to make my own. So for now it is what I need to go with. Don't have the funds to do another site. But I will look into the dotphoto.com, thank you for the pointer.<br>

So if anyone else sees my post now, please take a look again. It is up right now without problems. Hopefully it will stay that way, lol. Thank you. L</p>

<p>I like your style ...the posing etc.. On the images that scroll across the top, I noticed a lot of very blown highlights. I know that glowing white is a "look" for wedding photography lately, but too many images with blown highlights doesn't show variety in your work and can be misinterpreted as lack of skill.</p>

<p>Weddings. Not all that many blown-out whites, although there are some. Too many tilted shots that add nothing but an odd look to the images. Nice posing and smiles, most of the blurring is fine.</p>

<p>Portraits. Some a bit dark and contrasty; most are nice but not exceptional.</p>

<p>Seniors: Too much blur on some, a few with skin tone problems (Caucasian and African) and the last one is really, really good.</p>