New! PS the POTW--AKA Photoshop the Photo of the Week 10/5/09

picturesque

<p>I'm still trying to freshen up the Photo of the Week exercise. This week, I am asking for photo submissions from which one will be chosen to be 'photoshopped' by others. As such, please submit images that have not had a lot of processing, actions or edits already. If you've ever wanted to find out what others would do with your image, here's your chance. This is also an opportunity to learn a new processing technique or style, and look at your image from a different perspective.</p>

<p>As always, this is not a contest. If your image is chosen, you agree to allow others to modify or edit your image, and if there is any critique of the image, remember that there is often no right or wrong--people will be expressing their opinions. Make sure the image is 700 pixels or less in width and add a caption. You may add technical details as well as a description of the circumstances surrounding your capture. Images that show as a link will be deleted and you will be asked to re-post.</p>

<p>If you simply want to share your image, you may post it but add a statement in the caption space saying you do not want your image used for the exercise. This thread will be closed late Tuesday and the chosen image posted on Wednesday.</p>

<p>Oh ok, I'll bite...<br>

Only things done to this are exposure tweaks in RAW. I can't remember offhand if I colour balanced... I'm looking at it on my laptop, whose screen is about as inaccurate as it could possibly be.<br>

Enjoy!</p><div>00Uffo-178321584.jpg.4f3a5d3b34431eb1a3133b945e267732.jpg</div>

<p>these kids would just turn it on, then turn it off. one minute they were bored out of there minds, next minute having the time of their life. i was on one knee about 60 ft from them as they were being introduced at the reception. i hate that i cut the groom's head off though. details are: 40d, iso 100, 70-200 2.8 IS @ 110mm, f2.8, 1/800th. i only gave it a slight tweak in LR: bumped up exposure, contrast and, recovery.</p><div>00UfgB-178323884.jpg.c6e56695f9d88ee0c983e13109682071.jpg</div>

<p>Ceremony ended later than anticipated & it was raining. Both ceremony & reception were outdoors, so I had to find a few creative ways to do bride/groom photos in the dark. Here is one of my favorites. Only basic stuff in Raw done to it. Shot with Nikon D80 and off camera flash held behind the couple by my assistant.</p>

<p>I liked this image, others did not, others did. There is no accounting for personal taste. This image has not been modified and there are a few undesireable elements that I would eliminate (red cord, light blocks in back left). I would also probably warm the image up slightly using NIK Skylight filter. But the point of this was to present an unmodified image so nothing has been done but to crop to 700 pixels wide and JPG compression.</p><div>00Ug1r-178456384.thumb.jpg.b8a43973af2eedba1c64ed54ff04cd45.jpg</div>

<p>Rodney--if you read the 'rules' above, you'll see that only one image from the submitted ones will be chosen to be worked on. You, like Michael, have jumped the gun. In addition, if you want to post an image, please add a caption or it will show up as a link. I am re-posting your image this time, but in future threads of this type, I will delete images that show up as links or that 'jump the gun'. Thanks, though, but next time, please wait until the chosen image is posted.</p><div>00UgDz-178529584.jpg.246f8b88f3f6c2da966f3a2b9793b965.jpg</div>