Super Angulon and Ektars (combing the Nantahala River)

golden

<p>Thanks, John. Next time I'm down there, I'll have to explore upstream a bit more. Beautiful scenes, beautifully captured.</p>

<p>Tom Scott: I'm also a motorcyclist, and US-129 is "The Dragon". Nearby is Cherohala Skyway. Then all around that area are incredible motorcycle roads, without any fame at all, and no crowds. Example: come into Hot Springs NC from the south, and that road is fantastic - then get a massage and soak in a hot tub along the French Broad river in small town of Hot Springs. Perfect ending to a good day.</p>

<p>Yes, I see what you are saying Doug, the reason for the confusion on my part is we made 2 sides of the loop in one trip, we started in Tenn. and went east (acutually SE) on 129 and then made the loop back west on the Cherohala before heading south again. It made for a good days ride, especially on a '77 lowrider, there is no going slow enough to keep the running boards from scraping pavement.<br /><a href="http://www.cherohala.com/maps/loop.gif">http://www.cherohala.com/maps/loop.gif</a></p>

<p>thanks jared, i would never hesitate to buy anything bargain grade from keh, as a matter of fact the 47mm SA was also bargain grade, the scanner i have is the epson v700, ive had it for going on 3 years, great machine. </p>

<p>John, will the V700 scan 4x5? I recently picked up a Speed Graphic and Jobo tank system but, my canoscan 8800F won't scan 4x5 negs. At the prices everyone wants for scanning (and processing color film) in 4x5, I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of it.</p>

<p>John,<br>

Gorgeous shots of the Nantahala . Makes we want to tie up some sculpin minnows and my personal "Golden Boys'" ( long-shank streamer with dark yellow chenille body wrapped in copper-baided tinsel with split Texas Fox Squirrel tail ) Addd some small dumbell eyes for those deep, swift pools.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Tom,<br>

before you spend a lot of money, I use an old $100 Epson 2450 scanner and it does a fine job w/ 4x5 and even 6x9. Anything smaller is not great, but I still use it for 6x6 & 6x4.5 as a proofer. Better than contact prints, at least w/ my eyes.</p>

<p>Thanks for including which lens you used on the shots John. The Ektars are pretty darn good! I'm not a big fan of soft, billowy water but these shots are beautiful.</p>

• 8 months later...