minolta autocord: shutter & aperture arms aren't moving

jana_marie

<p>hello all,<br>

i just bought a Minolta Autocord (LMX) from ebay and opened it up with glee today. it is my first *serious* medium format and/or TLR camera. that is to say, it's no all-plastic Holga or Blackbird Fly. ;)<br /> <br /> at first it appeared in working condition as the posting said it would be - the shutter clicks, the arm advances, and the focusing arm does its job. the selenium meter does not seem to work, but i've read that most of them do not now, anyway.<br /> <br /> however... one big problem: the shutter and aperture sliders do not move at all, nor does the shutter release guard turn. it is possible i am doing something wrong, or did i just get burned by an ebay seller? (i have read the instruction manual yet still cannot budge these.) any help would be much appreciated, thank you!<br /> <br /> http://www.cameramanuals.org/minolta_pdf/minolta_autocord_l.pdf</p>

<p>I don't have the LM model, but in my earlier Autocord the selector arms move easily. It's possible that the shutter could need a CLA to clean out hardened lubricants that may be making them stiff. A special note of caution: of there is any stiffness in focusing, don't force it - the arm is not very strong and you don't want to break it. Cleaning and relubrication should fix all of this.</p>

• 2 weeks later...