Think Tank Airport International or Tenba Roadies Universal?

toksuede

<p>Can't make my mind up. <br /> <br /> My Think Tank Aiport International went "kaput" few days ago (the wheels literally came off) and I need to make a quick decision on my next rolling roller bag. <br /> <br /> I could go for the Airport International V2.0 or the Tenba Roadies Universal. These are the only ones that fit the requirements of the low cost airlines here in Europe. <br /> <br /> The external and internal dimensions in centimetre are as follows: <br /> Airport International<br /> Internal: 33 x 19 x 47 <br /> External: 36 x 20 x 53 <br /> <br /> Roadies Universal <br /> Internal: 30 x 18 x 44 <br /> External: 36 x 20 x 51 <br /> <br /> They are practically the same, but the Tenba is one inch smaller length and width, which worries me a bit.<br /> <br /> Since I've been using the AI for a long time now, I know what it can do and can't do. What I would love is to hear from the users of Roadies Universal. <br /> If I can convince myself that the Roadies is better than AI, I would like to make my next bag a Tenba... <br /> <br /> The only concerns I have from reading the specs and descriptions of the Tenba are the lack of locks and wires to secure the bag and the wheels. As for the locks and wires, I can buy them separately, but how about the wheels? Are they replaceable? <br /> <br /> I also would like to know if I can fit two D3 bodies, 400 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 17-35 2.8, two SB-800, 16mm fisheye, and SU-800. I can fit all these, as well as a Samsung 10 inch netbook in my now busted AI... <br /> <br /> Any help will be much appreciated. <br /> <br /> Ryu</p>

<p>Have you called Thinktank regarding repairs or a replacement? That's more likely to get results than complaining on a public forum. I found that Lowepro helped even for problems that were probably my fault. If I ever break my Thinktank bag, I suspect they'll jump in too.</p>

<p>I emailed the French authorized dealer couple of days ago regarding the repair, but I haven't heard anything back from them. And if I have to send the bag to Americaland, it's going to cost me an arm and a leg. I got one week until my next assignment and I thought someone who uses or have used the Tenba will be able to compare it to the AI, so that in the end I can make an informed purchase. <br>

And by god, please remind me next time to get your permission to moan in a public forum. </p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>And by god, please remind me next time to get your permission to moan in a public forum</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yeah, but before moaning here emailing the ThinkTank people (not only your dealer) would be prudnet: they may have a magic button to make your dealer talk to you pronto...</p>

<blockquote>

<p>And by god, please remind me next time to get your permission to moan in a public forum.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>And by god, a little rude to someone who was trying to help you with some specific suggestions, don't you think? Bitch first, moan later. :p</p>

<p>I've heard good thing about ThinkTank's customer service and their quality products, since the TT International is lifetime warranty, they'll fix it for you or send you a new one. I just ordered the Airport TakeOff, and hopefully will get my hand on it soon.<br>

QV</p>