New Samyang 14mm coming in November

laur1

<p>it's f/2.8 too! I'm beginning to like Samyang. It's a shame they're not offering AF lenses, because at the prices they're selling them for, they'd sweep the market.</p>

<p>With the Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8 costing $715 after the price hikes, this Samyang becomes an obvious alternative (as it will likely come in at $350, like their other lenses). And at 14mm, AF isn't as important as with longer FLs.</p>

<p>I had/have a 28mm samyang. a decent lens, at least in real world shooting. Haven't used it in a long time though, well not much anyway. It still sometimes gets mounted to my film cameras. But since I don't shoot 35mm film much I don't use it much.</p>

<p>The Polar/Samyang 85mm 1.4 actually wasn't that bad. In a head to head test of the CZ 85 1.4 and the Polar it obviously wasn't as good, but it was pretty decent wide open. At least in the center.This is from 100% images I saw, not someones speculation that brand A can't be any good, or can't be as good as brand B.</p>

<p>I'm actually glad to see Samyang/Polar/Phoenix is back marketing lenses, these lenses might not be tip top end, but in many cases seem to be quite usable.</p>

<p> </p>

• 4 weeks later...