Where to advertise?

maile_lani

<p>Hey Guys :)<br /> <br /> <br /> I'm kind of newish to wedding photography, although I've already racked up a decent portfolio! I also have two more weddings coming up and another one in August of next year! Most of my clients have found me through CList posts and recommendations, however I'd really like to start advertising, I'm just not sure where.<br /> <br /> <br /> I'd like to cater to the more young, modern, and slightly offbeat crowd, as that's what I enjoy shooting the most (the non traditional stuff although I think traditional weddings are fun too!). I shoot with film and digital too (I do love my toy cameras!). I've checked out sites like the knot etc, but I don't think that is really my clientele.<br /> <br /> <br /> Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!<br /> <br /> <br /> Happy Thursday :D</p>

<blockquote>

<p>although I've already racked up a decent portfolio!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Wow!..There are so many avenues open to you in advertising, most will be driven by your budget.</p>

<p>I'll address only one based on the quoted segment:</p>

<p>I will assume with a "decent portfolio" already built, that you are are following up with these clients on a regular scheduled basis?<br>

Prior customers are often the source of a ton of future business when prospected properly. <br>

If you know how to prospect, these prior customers are gold mines.</p>

<p>Pete - I've thought about that but I don't know how to go about marketing myself to people like that! I always feel like I'm infringing on peoples rights or crossing the line.<br>

Theresa - I'll check it out! I'm not in Hawaii, but I was born there :)<br>

Jim - I'll check that out too :D</p>

<p>I just have one thing to add: SEO. Search Engine Optimization. I don't really advertise in the traditional sense, but I do blog regularly (well, regularly until the last month). Every time I create a blog entry, I type something like:<br>

Baby Austin | <strong>Eastern Shore of Maryland Newborn Photographer</strong><br>

or<br>

Katie + Mike | <strong>Hershey Pennsylvania Wedding Photographer</strong><br>

Every time someone types "Hershey Wedding Photographer" in google, my blog somes up somewhere in their search. The more often I blog, and the more times I say something like "Salisbury Maryland Child Photographer", and someone types that in google, the more likely it is that I'll end up on the first page.<br>

Okay, I said I'd only say one thing, but here's another - if you have a good portfolio, and have enough to create a sample album for a venue that you like to shoot at, go ahead and do that, and give it to the planners at the venue. If it's a really good quality album, brides will definitely check it out when they're looking to book the venue, and will ask for more information about you - hopefully you're on their preferred vendor list, too! My best publicity comes from partnerships I've made in the business!<br>

Hope this helps!<br>

<p>p.s. And now that I've put those phrases here, there's a tiny chance that someone will type one of those phrases in google and find THIS page, and maybe just go to my website to check out my work, and give me a call! Nothing like wishful thinking (but it wouldn't be the first time!).<br>