4x5 inch or 9x12 cm

richardw

<p>Hello,<br>

I recently aquired a Linhof Super Technika V in 4x5 on the auction site, and I cant await the postal service.</p>

<p>As it comes now to the holders, I have learned there is the possibility to use 4x5 and 9x12 holders for it. I am based in Europe, so there should be an availability for 9x12 film. Do you have any suggestions which holders I should prefer? I tend to 4x5 as it seems to be more common internationally and therefore may be more demand for 4x5 film.</p>

<p>What is your experience in this? Or does it really matter?</p>

<p>regards Richard</p>

<p>You are right and it does matter. Let me explain it. After two major film manufacturers down in Europe the 4x5 had been more common everywhere in Europe and in some well assorted shops its the only size they carry.<br>

My personal opinion is the 4x5 are much nicer size too than the 9x12 and the enlarger (if you do analogue printing like me) will acxept both format.</p>

<p>Hello Frank, hello Ron</p>

<p>Thank you for your answers. That was what I was thinking. btw I only do analogue printing and after using 6x6 for years, I want to take the step forward, as the prices are reasonable for analogue equipment now.</p>

<p>Regards Richard</p>

<p>Being in Europe, it's worth having both. They are not that expensive. You will then be able to take advantage of more deals on offer.</p>

<p>Very few photographers in the US would be aware of what's available in Europe. Try this <a href="http://www.adox.de/ADOX_Filme/ADOX_CHS_Filme/ADOX_CHS_100/ADOX_CHS_100.html">Adox Planfilm</a> (<em>sheet film</em> ) selection for example, at Foto Impex in berlin.</p>

<p>Congratulations on the purchase of the Technika. It is a beautiful camera.</p>

<p>Cheers, Jenny.</p>