Dropped Frames Canon 5d Mark ii

sashwa_burrous

<p>Hello,<br>

I recently got the 5D Mk2 and have been shooting both photos and video..<br>

Both look great on the camera, but when I go to EOS utility to import the video, it imports and when opened it starts to drop frames like crazy.<br>

I've noticed other people have had similar problems, but still cant find a good work around.<br>

When I view the video on the camera is doesnt look choppy at all, but when imported through eos utility it seems to drop the frames..<br>

Also finding that after I import all the images/and or/video eos utility gives me an error message that reads, " Error, Application cannot be launched"<br>

Any suggestions?</p>

<p>Thanks<br />Sashwa </p>

<p>Too much info missing: what computer system are you using? What application to view the video?<br /> Did you install all the codecs necessary for viewing the 5DII video files in your system? I am not familiar with the software used to import video that you mentioned.</p>

<p>Have you tried simply moving the files from the CF card to your HD using a card reader and then, viewing with a VIDEO editing software?</p>

<p>The application error could be caused by many things. Which OS are you using?</p>

<p>This problem has nothing to do with your camera. It's some sort of computer problem: slow CPU, low memory, slow HD, software conflict, missing codecs, etc. I can playback 5DII video on my stock MacPro and MacBook Pro with no problems. Both have the latest OS (10.6) and maxed out RAM.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Your problem is called microsoft windows PC. You need to convert the video file to work in windows, people use neoscene. The video file from the 5dmkii is native to mac, so no problem there if you have one. Keep in mind that while capturing you may drop a frame or two, but jusy make sure you have enough memory.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Your problem is called microsoft windows PC. You need to convert the video file to work in windows, people use neoscene. The video file from the 5dmkii is native to mac, so no problem there if you have one.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Um. That's false.<br>

I have zero problems playing 5D2 video files, unconverted, on a PC using VLC software.</p>

<p>Kaa</p>

<p> </p>