Canon 7D for Weddings

yoochs pics

<p>I use my 1.6 crop on my 20D only for sports when I need to shoot 1,280mm @ 5.6. (400mm 2.8 + 2x Extender on 20d). I love the fisheye and 16mm perspective on my 5D and hence my desire for a 1.0 or 1.3 sensor. I cover my lack of high ISO by shooting 85 1.2 and with a 1.3 crop on MKIII at an effective portrait distance of 110mm.</p>

<p>There are many logical reasons it's a crop and not a FF camera. Price is the main one. It would put the camera in line with 5DmII or higher (if it's as fast) - too close to the 1DmIII or possibly future versions even though its 1.3 which according to it's lifecycle is one of the next to recieve an update.<br>

It's more inline to compete with the D300 series.</p>

<p ><em>"I can't understand why you'd want a 1.6 sensor. You'd lose the effect of most of wide angle lenses. </em><strong><em>At least give my 1.3 if 1.0 crop is to close to 5dMKII</em></strong><em>."</em></p>

<p > </p>

<p >If one thoroughly interrogates the advantages and disadvantages of using a dual format system: having an APS-H and 135 format as a twin system; is the worst of the three combinations which are available.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >WW</p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>

<p><em>"At least give my 1.3 if 1.0 crop is to close to 5dMKII."</em> <br>

Huh? You lost me there. I use a 1D3 and a 1Ds3. Frankly I'm surprised Canon hasn't come out with a low line body with the 1.3 crop sensor. At some point only so many mp can be squeezed on a sensor without negative effect so going to a larger sensor (other than full frame) would help. Plus for most work there are criteria other than mp needed to give good output. I get great results from the larger 1.3 (vs 1.6) sensor with 10mp and the noise is negligible. The full frame sensor on the 1Ds and 21mp is much more than capable when high speed shooting isn't needed such as wedding use.</p>