What are you shooting this weekend?

<p><strong>Ralf</strong> , I'm really eager to see your shots from your Reflekta as I'm just about finished with the roll in mine, the first roll I've ever run through it. To be honest, it's been in the camera for quite some time now, but I do hope to finish it soon. Mine has a very hazy viewfinder though, and if you have any ideas as to how to clear it up, if that's possible, I'd love to know.</p>

<p><strong>Patrick</strong> --I may have to get a T-shirt like that to wear myself!</p>

<p>I had better luck than I thought :)</p>

<p>The smoke DID clear up (there's still a lot of fires burning, but the smoke wasn't too bad where I live). I finished a roll of Kodachrome in my Minolta SRT-101 (I took some pictures down at the college, and some landscape photos). Then today, I did in fact load the Matchmatic with a roll of Kodachrome and got a few pictures. If it stays clear, I might take some more tomorrow. The last few days have actually been really nice...if it wasn't for all the smoke, we would have beautiful blue skies right now.</p>

<p>Since these will be Kodachrome slides, it will be a while before I'll have a chance to post them here. I have to send them to Dwayne's of course, and then I have to take the slides to a local photo lab to get scanned. (Dwayne's does a great job with developing film, but their scans suck).</p>

<p>But I'll post them when I get a chance.</p>

<p>And I really, REALLY need to get a slide projector now! I can't believe I haven't done that yet. It's amazing just seeing them in a slide viewer...but I want to see them projected up on a wall! </p>

It's 20 after 12:00 in central Europe. I just finished developing a roll of 120. I have another to do and one 35mm roll of

100 Ortho film from about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday never happened, had to visit relatives,drink coffee and eat cake.

I'm stikll hoping to go out and shoot. I just got a Contina - J and a light-meter (from relatives) I could put to the test.

But I wanted to shoot 120 B&W, only I have way too much "fast" film a not enough 100 or 50 ASA film. If I shoot 120 then probably the Speed Graphic or the baby ZI 645 folder with the s----s light leaks! I hope to get to it... got to go load the next tank.

<p>Shortly after my post above I drove up to the local State Fair, strolled around with my all-black Contax II (née Kiev) with its various lenses including the "Sonnar 5sm f/2". Shook hands with our new Governor (they do tend to come and go these days), and went to the cattle show. As an old Kansas boy who spent a couple of weeks on the farm each summer (I thought my parents were doing it for me ;)), the smell of manure (à la Proust) brings back many childhood memories.<br /> Anyhow here is a shot on the Indian Nova SilverPlus ASA 125 film (Thanks again, SP). Developed in D76 for 5 minutes and fixed with Photographers Formulary Archival Fixer.</p><div>00UMFS-168809684.jpg.49b8800d1cbb406b334aca9ba75de0b6.jpg</div>

<p>This is an update to my earlier posting. The sun finally came out today. I finished a roll of EB which was in a Canon F-1. My neighbor's front yard has dozens of huge mushrooms growing. Some of them are about nine inches across. The neighbor is away and hasn't lived here that long so I shot from his walkway and driveway with a 200/2.8 New FD (1st version), a 100/2.8 Vivitar macro and a 35/2 FD SSC. When that roll was done I put a roll of E100-VS into a Konica T3N and tried to shoot with a 200/3 Vivitar Series 1. That lens did not work properly on the T3N so I took out the film and put it into a T2 which has a Nikon E screen inside and shot the rest of the roll with the 200 and with a 135/2.8 Vivitar Close Focusing. I then tried the T3N again but with a 57/1.4 Hexanon and some old Walgreens 400 (Agfa) film. The camera worked fine. According to Greg Weber the spring tension in the 200/3 makes using it with the T3N difficult. As you let back the film advance lever, the shutter fires again. This is a problem I had with the plain T3 years ago even with original Konica lenses. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>KEH has a hood for that lens, at least they did. I was going to buy one but ended up using the hood from my Nikkor 35-105 instead. Ironic, huh?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Thanks, Andy. I did look. Lets see $26 for the lens, $59 for the hood...hmmm. How's that for irony. Like you, I think I'll look for an alternative.</p>

<p>My weekend plans were rather messed up by a typhoon combined with a dental emergency. Those didn't prevent me going out to buy a lens for my OM4, but I didn't want to get the camera and new lens wet, so I had to put off any shooting until Tuesday. I took the opportunity to get a few shots with my Wista 4x5 as well as the OM4.<br>

The weather today is bad again, windy and cloudy and threatening to rain. I'm at work, but I only have 4 classes on my schedule today, and I often go for a hike in the nearby parks to enjoy the scenery. It looks like winter is coming early this year, so I'm enjoying whatever time I can get outside before it arrives.</p>

<p>This weekend I'll be in the south-west of the UK...carrying a Spotmatic F with the 50mm f/2, 28mm f/3.5 and 135mm f/3.5 Takumars, a Rollei 35, and lots of Kodachrome, Velvia and FP4+. I'm going to try and get some shots of the last remnants of the inshore fishing fleet, beach stuff, a few coastal landscapes - the weather isn't going to be great so we'll have to see...</p>

<p>On my way to the dentist this morning I picked up a nice looking Arette DN from a second hand furniture store. The shutter speeds all sound good so I will run some film through it this weekend. <br>

Last week at a market I picket up a Yashica MG-1 for $5.00 (aus) I will try a roll of film through it as well. I'm lucky to have to new toys to play with this weekend!</p>

<p>New, long weekend so I'm shooting different cameras. I'm heading to the US Nationals this weekend (as a guest of one of the teams) and as always I'll be taking my dslr but this year I'm also taking my Minolta XD-11 with the MD 35-105 I just got. I will also be shooting my 'new' FE2', a camera that has quickly become a favorite to use.</p>

<p>Another weekend, and this time the weather is wonderful. Unfortunately, I found that my 35/2 Zuiko lens is messed up (pictures are blurry along the edges). On the bright side, I bought it with a guarantee, so I'll be able to exchange it for another one, or something else.<br>

After that's done, I plan to ride my bicycle to Tsukishima or Asakusa (in Tokyo). There are some quiet alleyways and small streets that I would like to get pictures of. I'll take my OM4Ti with 24, 55, and 90mm lenses, and my F1 with the 20/2.8. I picked up a few rolls of Acros and Neopan, though I might get a roll of color film just for kicks.</p>