How do you Divide the time on the Wedding Day?

chimera_h

<p>I'm doing a wedding next month where we will be tasking pictures of the entire wedding party before the ceremony. I've done similar weddings , but this one has a larger bridal party (14 total).</p>

<p>How would you spend the time? They are paying me for 6 hours.</p>

<p>If the wedding begins at 6, I was thinking of the following schedule:<br>

3-4 Bride getting ready, formal bridal pics, bridesmaids pics<br>

3:45-4:15 (Groom and Groomsmen: my assistant will take the candids. I'll do the formal shots)<br>

4:15-4:30 Travel to bridal party photo shoot location (she's still deciding where this will be)<br>

4:30-5:00 B&G<br>

5:00-5:20 Bridal Party<br>

6 p.m. Ceremony.</p>

<p>Is this cutting it too close? Too much time? Thanks. : )</p>

<p>Chimera, to me the timing depends more on the number of setup then on the number of people. I have a 2 page shot list that I have the couples fill out with before and after standard and optional shots. Only when they fill this out do I make an estimate on the timing.<br>

In your example, does the bride want each bridesmaid photographed by herself and then with the Bride and perhaps a groom. The same thing holds true for the Groom's side. Your timing may be adjusted based on the requirements.<br>

Lastly, my personal preference is to do all the shots involving the Bride as early as possible and then have her "sequestered" until the ceremony. It is not as important that the arriving guests see the maids or the guys, but the bride should make a grand entrance and be seen by as few people as possible beforehand.<br>

Also, build in slack to allow for traffic and people not being ready when told.</p>

<p>Seems reasonable with two exceptions.</p>

<p>First, you can't budget time for travel if you don't know the location(s) involved. For instance, in some parts of San Francisco (near me), traffic is OK, in other parts, horrendous.</p>

<p>Second, I would not put the couple and bridal party in their own separate time slots. Most probably it would all be jumbled together based on location.</p>

<p>Otherwise, one big thing is as Max says--slack time for traffic and lateness. The latter can be a really big deal with this kind of schedule, particularly with a larger wedding party. There is always someone who can't quite get the idea that he or she has to be there that early, completely dressed, or completely dressed by a certain time.</p>

<p>I'd be prepared for having to employ maximum flexibility and on the fly reshuffling of the various elements. And what about the bride's and groom's immediate family? I normally try to get those in there. These are different from the formals after the ceremony.</p>

<p>Thanks you guys for putting up with all my many posts the last few days.</p>

<p>!. I agree with switiching the time of the groom's pictures and the bridal party pics. I'd like to keep her sequestered. Great idea.<br>

2. I was thinking I'd have time to take the bride and groom's immediate family pictures during their allotted time (formla bridal pics/bridesmaids/ immediate family (1 hr) ), same for the groom. Do you think there is enough time?<br>

3. I believe there are two children in the bridal party.<br>

4. Once she decides on a photo location, we'll adjust the time.</p>

<p>I guess I couldn't imagine taking 4 hrs worth of pictures before the wedding. Do photogs do that? I thought taking 3 hrs of their time was a bit much.</p>

<p>I'll ask what her expectations are and make up a list.</p>

<p>Thanks again!</p>

<p>Um...that's 3 hours before the ceremony, and the time will go fast, particularly if they have delays and lateness, plus there is travel between possibly 3 different locations?</p>

<p>Whether or not you have time for the immediate family pictures during formals time depends on the how much time you have allotted there.</p>

<p ><strong><em>"3. I believe there are two children in the bridal party"</em></strong></p>

<p > </p>

<p >Then, assuming the Children are with the Bride: I would organize the Children such that I get any formals of them first and I arrange for them to be dressed ready for me. </p>

<p > </p>

<p >I do the same for the Venue shots of the Wedding Party - all the formals where Children are included, are first done.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Be aware, on arrival at the Venue site (especially if Mother is present) she might want to "redo" the Childrens' Dress - I always suggest that be attend to in the Limousine such that the Children are ready for an nice "exit shot" </p>

<p > </p>

<p >Much of this is people management . . . if there is a "reason" to be ready, Mother will ensure the Child is ready: and that means everything is more likely to flow to time.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >On the other point being discussed – If in two locations and working by myself I always would do the Boys (Groom et al) before the Girls (Bride et al), thus holding the Bride at her home.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >At the Venue shots of the Bridal Party – I would work the Children inclusive shots first (as previously mentioned) and then slowly working to have the B&G only shots last. Again holding the Bride for the longest time. </p>

<p > </p>

<p >WW</p>

<p>Nadine Ohara - <em>"For instance, in some parts of San Francisco (near me), traffic is OK, in other parts, horrendous."</em><br>

Come on Nadine. SF is only about 6 or 7 miles wide. How long can it take to get any where? 15 minutes tops!!! JUST KIDDING! I live 1.5 hours from SF. 1.5 to get there and upwards to 1 hour sometimes just to move around inside of it. In SF and LA, doesn't matter what your car is rated for mpg, you are just parked in traffic any ways. <br>

You obiviously have to take a number of factors in to consideration when travel is involved.</p>