Color Laser MFC Advice

<p>Hi,<br>

I'm in the market for a new printer, I need a MFC type printer (printer, fax, copier, scanner), and it can't be an inkjet. </p>

<p>I've seen good things about the minoltas, and the xerox solid ink printers. canon is comming out with a couple of printers that look real nice.</p>

<p>The printer will be used 80% for office work, only 20% for photography, hence the requirement for a laser.</p>

<p>Just looking for something that's "pretty good" for photography for personal use, I will obviously still get my official prints printed at a lab.</p>

<p>I've heard good things about the minolta's but their MFC models don't seem to have the same resolution as their stand alones, Canon is coming out with a couple of new printers that might be real nice. Similarly i have a xerox solid ink printer at work that produces a "pretty good" image.</p>

<p>Advice anyone?</p>

<p>We have a Dell Color MFC. The photos that come out of there generally look like a color photo copy so I do not use it for photo work at all. I haven't spent any time trying to calibrate it so you may get better results than I have. <br>

Before this we had a Brother B&W Laser MFC and the software was far better. Would have gone with them again, but heard that the toner they ship with is very low, and replacing all the toner is almost more than the printer. But the B&W laser worked great!<br>

We did not have good luck with HP MFC's. We had two of them over the years and they seemed to develop issues with feeding the paper.<br>

Unless you need a color laser, you may be better off buying a B&W MFC and an inkjet for photos.</p>