Inside wedding car photo

andrew_murray3

<p>Hi everyone, I know I'm leaving it a bit late but can anyone tell me what settings to use to photograph the bride & groom inside the car. This isn't my first wedding but it's been 2 years since my last one and I'm a bit rusty. Wedding's tomorrow morning!!!!! I know it's a classic car so prob quite spacious inside.</p>

<p>Most people shoot inside-car-photos with natural light, possibly subtle flash as fill because most wedding car photos are limos, and you'd be hard pressed to get even light looking down the length of a limo from a direct, on camera flash. Obviously if it is dark outside the car, you have to use flash. Obviously if you don't have a lot of depth to be worried about you can use flash.</p>

<p>When and if you use flash, you can bounce it off the interior surfaces as well, making it easier to light up depth.</p>

<p>Nobody can tell you what exact settings to use.</p>

<p>What Camer and flash are you going to use? the best thing to do is get into your own car with your friend as your subject and start preparing your self.<br>

You said it's going to be in the morning so set your camera on P and use TTL-BL mode (if it's Nikon flash). I am not familiar with other flashed. </p>

<p>As of general, I would first set Manual setting so that the natural light at the Meter is well captured. Then add the off camera flash unit and try TTL-BL (Nikon's flashes). TTL-BL is usally the best because it "thinks" that there's another light source so it doesn't overexpose the subject. You can use TTL mode on your flash with softbox on it , I use Lumiquest 3, it gives it a very soft flash and no red eyes. So TTL-BL for day light, TTL with softbox for night. You said it's in the morning so use it in TTL-BL without softbox(of course if you got Nikon's flash unit).</p>

<p>Aside from settings, make sure your camera and flash will fit. A classic shot is you open the front passenger door and shoot over the seat toward the back, where the bride and groom are sitting. But I went to do this once and with the shoe mount flash mounted on top of a Stroboframe bracket in turn mounted to a big motor drive SLR, I couldn't fit the camera rig between the top of the seat and the ceiling of the car.</p>