filter size for Bessa-R 35mm/2.5 Skopar lens?

cindy_h.

<p>I just purchased a Voigtlander Bessa-R with the 35mm/2.5 Skopar lens and have been trying to find a filter for it with no luck. A few searches have listed the lens as having a 39mm or 43mm filter thread, but when I actually took it into my local shop, neither of those sizes fit. The size seems closer to something obscure like 42.5mm. Has anyone been able to actually purchase a filter for this lens (either UV or warm filter)? If so, who makes such a thing?</p>

<p>The "Classic" (LTM) and the new (M-mount) version are both 39mm. The earlier (LTM) "Pancake" is 43mm. Some filter rings are thicker than other and may appear not to fit - look for B+W brand. You should not have difficulty finding 39mm filters in <em>most </em> countries; but 43mm has always been a little difficult to find.</p>

<p>A really great chart/guide to the voigtlander lenses from Steven Gandy, who sells them: http://cameraquest.com/voigtlenchart.htm<br>

This confirms what Adam Clayton posted: 43mm filters for the Pancake version, 39mm for the other 2 versions.<br>

Steven is great to deal with on the phone and active in supporting the rangefinder community, and I highly recommend his site. Tony Rose of PopFlash also gets good feedback but I've not spoken to him. That's one nice thing about using RF cameras: the dealers are likely to be in it because they care, not because that's where the money is.</p>