My two monitors frustrate me!

<p>So I've got a laptop and an attached second monitor. I'm opening up some pictures in ACR (PS CS3) and I'm noticing wildly different colors on my laptop vs my outboard monitor. Is there any sort of quick-and-dirty calibration I can do to<br>

1) make them match</p>

<p>2) verify they are sort-of correct</p>

<p>Is this possible? I know, I really need one of those little screen spider things and that's on the list at some point, but for this morning where my resources are limited to the world-wide-internets, is there anything I can do?<br>

My monitor's colors are much more saturated and bright (more red for sure) than the laptop. At times I think the laptop is more accurate (just a hunch, I have no empirical proof) but I really have no way of knowing.</p>

<p>Anyone?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Without calibrating at least one screen you're working 'without a net'....<br>

You don't say what operating system you are using...some computers have mediocre built in calibration for at least one of the monitors...<br>

Down and dirty?....See which screen matches the print the closest and adjust the other screen until they look alike....but that isn't always easy. (And only works for one paper/printer combo...).<br>

Too many factors are up for grabs...like ambient light, different screens, different monitor profiles, different printing profiles, etc.<br>

There are some great teaching tools here for calibration....and color correction....<br>

You're right...in your current situation you really 'have no way of knowing'...</p>

<p>Matching a laptop monitor with anything just isn't going to happen. Even if you're working at a desk, the shifts you get from simply moving your head will make it a nightmare.</p>

<p>The notebook's fine for tool palettes and such, but when you're working with the outboard monitor, the outboard monitor should be your working display. Get it looking good and let the notebook LCD do what it will. (And yes, you need to buy a hardware profiling device when you can.)</p>