Teasers/Sneak-Peeks - good or bad?

teresa_m.1

<p>Hi everyone,</p>

<p>I know that many wedding photographers send their couples Teaser Pictures (or post them in their blog) some time before the couple actually gets all the pictures.</p>

<p>I take a relatively long time for post-production (also because I do many destination weddings which means I have less time in the office), mostly around six weeks. Technically, it wouldn´t be a problem to send them a couple of pictures before that. What I´m wondering is, if the effect of that would be overall rather good or bad...</p>

<p>Do the couple get MORE jumpy, because now they want to see them all? Or will it relax them, because they can see that there are definitely some lovely pictures, and stop worrying?</p>

<p>So, what experiences do you have? When do you post those teaser pictures? And what pictures are they, your personal favourites? Good ones, but not the best, so as not to give away everything in advance?</p>

<p>Would love to hear your opinions and experience!</p>

<p>Thanks!<br>

Teresa</p>

<p>Normal posting time for me is 2-3 weeks after the ceremony, however, I am sure that anxious family and friend who have my business cards from the wedding check the website before then. I want to make sure those people come back. So I post a few of my favorites within the first week, with comments beneath the gallery stating a specific date that the complete gallery will be posted on or before. This lets everyone know that I am working on the pictures and gives them a specific date to check back by. I have noticed that this communication has increased the number of hits/sales shortly after the complete gallery is posted. Also, since most people these days have phones that can receive picture messages, I send the bride one or two shots within the first week that she can use as wallpaper on her phone as well as share with others. The brides are always excited to see a few pictures ahead of time. And since I give them a date that the complete gallery will be posted, they don't bug me...I just have to meet the date!</p>

<p>I try to get some teasers up by the next day (around 10 or so), or at the latest a couple days. I normally have a slideshow running during reception on my laptop of some of the shots from the day (normally about 20) and they are edited (no airbrushing or anything, but they don't normally need it). I could even post the same day since I can edit so quickly if I really wanted to. Always my fav's.<br>

I think it makes clients want them even faster because it gets them excited even more for the rest. I think all you need to do is stress clearly the expected timeline of recieving their photos.</p>

<p>I usually do teasers, as my processing can take up to two weeks. I find it's a good way to keep people coming back to my blog and keeping my brand in the forefront of their minds, and the more good images they see, the more likely they'll be to book me. but that's just me. :o)</p>

<p>I post a preview slideshow set to music usually the very next day. This gets an awesome response! I also use event cards with information for seeing the images from the wedding in addition to the preview slideshow. This drives a ton of traffic to our site. I think its a great idea to do. If you are friends with your clients on Facebook you can even post the slideshow their and tag them which gets great response as well!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks for all the answers! Very interesting to hear how you guys are doing this!</p>

<p>One thing that would still interest me: what kind of pictures? Your favourites? Nice photos, but not the best? Mostly "action shots", or portraits? ... thanks again!</p>

<p>Teresa,<br>

6 weeks is a very long time to wait to see anything at all. Even if the bride and groom are fully aware of this, the rest of the family and friends are not. I've found over the years that people not only get antsy when they wait too long, they also begin to become uncomfortable and more critical when they finally see the images. I would suggest that you post a sample variety of images so that everyone has a taste of what's to come....-Aimee</p>